Ruby Princess 5

“Great cruise aboard the Ruby in January”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

vmom
Member Since 2005
3,198 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Traveling was myself, my husband and our college age daughter. This was our 11th cruise and our 8th on Princess.

Food: On the whole good, really enjoyed the International cafe. Most entrees in the main dining room were good to very good. On past cruises I would have rated the food as very good to excellent, so it was a step downward, but not bad except for the fish entrees. The fish entrees were very disappointing in the main dining room, over cooked and dry. I usually order a lot of the fish entrees on our cruises and this is the first cruise in which I have been disappointed and not up to the usual high standards. Pasta entrees were excellent as always.

Entertainment: We loved the entertainment this cruise. Very good over all quality. The two comedians were funny and entertaining. The two production musical shows were well done. Magician was good and also entertaining.

The entertainment in the piazza - atrium area was outstanding. Loved sitting on a More chair close to the International Cafe and listening to the music or being entertained by the juggler or comedian.

Also a very interesting lecturer on forensics was very good. We attended all his lectures. Bravo to Princess for offering such nice variety in entertainment options.

Musical entertainment: This is the area in which the cruise excelled. There were some absolutely wonderful musicians on board.

Service: Service was outstanding and friendly as always.

Ports: We did a catamaran excursion (The Mirabella) on St. Marten which was outstanding. St. Thomas we did an excursion with Princess to Turtle Cove...saw a lot of sea turtles which was fun.

Great cruise, we will cruise again with Princess. Only complaint was the fish entrees which hopefully will be rectified. Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Helpful? Thank vmom
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?