Eurodam Cruise Review by cruiser4478

Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
What you need to know about the Eurodam
OK. First, let me say that I have only cruised twice before but will cruise many more times in my life. I love sun, sand, the pool, aqua ocean water and having a good meal without worrying about the price and not getting stuck in traffic. I have done Carnival twice. Loved the Miracle, would not go back on the Valor.

In any case, the Eurodam was different. I am 53 years old and felt like there would be a time in my future life when the Eurodam will be right up my alley but not now. There were an awful lot of the "mature" crowd on the ship..Lots of canes, walkers, and overweight people. They usually walked at a snails pace and never considered walking on the left or the right so people could pass. I am a fast walker so that was difficult for me.

I met some great people on the ship and I can't say enough about the wait staff. We tried the open seating and liked it a lot. The two of sat a few times with a group but had asked for a 2 seater most of the time and were accomodated. The food was fantastic and much better than I remember the food to be on the Carnival.

Entertainment, not much, and ended pretty much at 10:30. Unless you are into cooking and learning about Windows 7, there isn't much more than a couple of trivia and Karoake sessions. That was OK cause I spent alot of time relaxing and playing at the casino. If you get a chance, learn how to play the table game, Let it Ride. They will show you, its easy to learn and not intimidating as blackjack can be. I actually started with 60 and cashed out at 333. I should have started playing it from the get go. We had so much fun playing the "Golden Monkey" slot machine. If you play the max, you can get a shot at the progressive, which I did end up winning on the last night, the middle machine (1,000.00) I played 50 cents 99% of the time on all three and basically the jackpot paid for my gamblings for the week. One thing we discovered half way through the cruise is the Explorations cafe (observation deck)where you can buy a great latte or coffee, the pastries that are there are free. It is a beautiful place and you must visit early on to appreciate the view.

I loved, I mean LOVED, Half Moon Cay. It was right off the ship and the most beautiful aqua water. You will not be dissapointed. No shopping there to speak of but that was perfectly fine for me. All in all, it was a great cuise but I probably will not go back on the Holland for about 20 years.

Publication Date: 01/24/12