Carnival Glory Cruise Review by amberpatton: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Okay, so I read all of the reviews before going and I should have listened to all of the people that had bad reviews cause this was one of the worst weeks of our lives. Me and my husband were on our honeymoon and we booked it through the internet. I even called the cruise line 24/7 phone service to make sure we were okay in our rooms and make sure everything was on the up and up. NOPE!! I guess I will start by category!!

1. Embarkation- We had no complaints. There were a lot of people as expected. So I give that a good rating. We had been up for awhile before that so we were a little tired and ready to hit the cabin to take a nap.

2. Public Rooms- They could have been a little better. They were smokey and they didn't have a pleasant smell. My husband and I don't smoke so maybe that is the reason. The elevators were horrible. They would just pass right through your floor without picking you up. The Casino was far the worst with all the smoking. More

3. Cabin- This was far by the worst complain I have yet. We are on our honeymoon and the lady on the phone even said we could pull twin beds together so that we could have one big bed. Well when we arrived. It was bunk beds. I was furious. This is my honeymoon plus this is my husband. So I called and called for someone and they said they couldn't do anything for us. I was beyond furious. So we had to pull the mattresses down and make a full bed that way ON THE FLOOR!! It was horrible.

4. Value of Price- I don't think we even got half of the price we paid. We were not happy at all!!

5. Dining- The food was never hot and we had to wait past time for breakfast. Enough said!

6. Entertainment- Of the shows that we went to, they were good. We went to the las vegas type show and it was good.

7. Cruise Director- Carlo is wonderful and so funny. That was a good part of our cruise.

8. Service- Not that good. We ordered room service and I found a huge hair in my food. Was not happy. BUT and I do say BUT when I left the room for awhile and came back, our room was always straightened up. I was very happy about the housekeeping staff.

9. Shore Excursions- Key West was good, the beach is far from walking distance and there wasn't enough time to take a ride and back. Belize was Horrid!! We were on the way to our biking excursion and we had our bikes and we started on the trail and my husbands bike was crap and he couldn't control it and he fell and it tore up his ankle. The guides took us back to the bus and left us there. They left us in the middle of no where and the bus had just left to go to the meeting place. We were so scared. We didn't know what would happen. Plus right before us lay a swamp full of crocodile, yes that's right. About an hour later, a guy in a truck comes and tells us to get into his truck. Sure. Well we did cause he was taking us to the meeting place at the ruins. But he didn't introduce himself or anything. Cozumel was Excellent. We went to the passion island. Beware of the people in charge of selling souvenirs. They don't leave you alone. They are very insistent on wanting you to buy something. We didn't even step on ship for Progresso, 'cause we heard that its not a very pretty place.

10. Overall Cruise- Not doing this again. I'm not sure if we will ever go on a cruise again. The last day at sea, I got really bad seasick and was stuck in the cabin all day! And I don't get motion sickness, so bring a patch just in case. If you do decide to go on a cruise, don't take the Glory!!

i know this is all very blunt and I'm sorry but this is the way we feel and we just got back!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>