Carnival Magic Cruise Review by lindatel: Pleasantly surprised

Pleasantly surprised

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Galveston

Based on the reviews posted here we were expecting the worse. However, Carnival is THE BUDGET Cruise line and I think that most of the negative reviewers expected a Disney or Crystal Cruise experience.

I have very few complaints, the food was good, and every crew member that we came in contact with was friendly and responsive to our needs. My husband and I took our two grandchildren ages 8 and 10 with us and we were joined by one of my daughters and another couple all in their 30s.

I highly recommend this cruise for families, the water park and ropes course were big hits. I cannot comment on Kid Carnival, our Grand-kids prefer not to go.

I only went to one show in the show room - the Illusionist, it was a joke, my Grandson hated it but my 8-year-old granddaughter enjoyed it. We went to the family friendly comedy shows and they were great. The kids enjoyed them as well.

I was over the piano bar so we did hear music until they shut down but it was More no big deal.

I highly recommend this cruise for Families on a budget. I will be back. Less

Published 01/22/12

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 8A6463 Balcony

Balcony Cabin on the upper deck #6463 I liked our location easy access to the lido. In the future, I will book deck 7 so that I am between cabins instead of having a piano bar directly below us. This cabin is very noisy due to the Piano Bar below. We were over the Lanai; the only drawback here is that passengers can look up at you when you are on the balcony. I like to relax out there in my PJs and have a closer view to the water.

Read All Balcony (8A) Reviews >>

Not impressed
Read 1041 Freeport Reviews

This is a great port to enjoy the port, you can walk almost anywhere you would like to go.
Read 1067 Key West Reviews

Typical Cruise Ship Port - again not impressed. I will not cruise to the Bahamas again. We hired a van and toured the city.
Read 3957 Nassau Reviews

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X