Noordam Cruise Review by pon493: First, but not the last, time away for the holiday

pon493
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Noordam Southern Caribbean Cruises

First, but not the last, time away for the holiday

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We boarded the Noordam around noon on 23 Dec 11 and had a small wait until our room was ready. We had a superior veranda suite and was very pleased with the size of the room. We had so much room we didn't know what to do with it. In the bathroom we loved the double sinks, the separate shower as well as the jetted tub/shower combo. My boyfriend and I were able to get ready at the same time without getting in each other way. The closets were big enough to hid all our suite cases and clothes. The balcony was so big it accommodated four chairs, a table to eat on and a side table. Our room stewards Aep and Hans were the bomb. They were available for anything we needed (I don't know when they slept). I always looked forward to coming back to the room to see what towel animal was waiting for me.

The staff were very friendly and personable. You could engage in conversations with anyone in the staff and you feel like you have known them for years. We had open seating and had More great servers except when we ate at table 4. The server never introduced himself to us and he appeared as if he really didn't want to serve us. I try not to complain when servers act ignorant but show them how displeased I am by either not eating there again or showing it in their tip. All I ask from my server is to be polite. The food was excellent from the omelets in the morning, the burgers at at lunch, the variety of dishes at dinner to the cookies and ice cream at night.

Our first stop was half moon cay and it was wonderful. You had so much to choose from to do. (Pay the extra for the shell). We had to tender to get there and it was not so bad a ride (I am terrified of the small boats considering I can't swim).

That night was formal night and it was nice to see others dressed up. The crew did an international Christmas program and it was nice to see all the different nationalities singing songs from their native countries. It was wonderful.

Our second stop was Turks and Caicos but did not stop because the weather did not cooperate and the captain came on and explained.

The entertainment staff were nice and I enjoyed them. The Hal Cats were excellent. Drew, our entertainment coordinator, was entertaining. Keep up the good work Drew. Reggie, our DJ, had the music bumping. Great job.

We also stopped at Samana Dominican Republic(Tender), Bonaire and Aruba. I loved Curaco. We were there from 0700-2300hrs. The floating bridge was the gateway to the other side and there was shopping galore and when nightfall came, the entertainment started. I wished we could have stayed over night.

We spent four days at sea (25, 27, 31 Dec 11 and 01 Jan 12) and there was so much to do from just laying around catching some sun to different activities to choose from. We had two more formal nights (27 Dec and 31 Dec). In the evenings, you could listen to the violinist, go to the piano bar, go to the disco, the sports bar, the casino, the explorers cafe for espresso, a good book, magazine or games. On New Years Eve, you had different choices on where to go for the count down. I was a little disappointed that the only place to get your hat or tierra were in the main dining room and everyone did not get one. They should have had didn't sections where you could get it especially if you at in your room or the lido. It was nice to see the staff who were not working dressed up in their uniforms bringing in the new year.

We did the luggage direct program and it was worth it. It only took us 20 minutes to get off the boat and we didn't see our luggage again until we landed. Sweet!!! I truly felt spoiled on this boat. I I think I have become an Holland American girl. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Cabin review: Noordam Superior Verandah Suite Verandah 6104

We had the superior veranda suite #6104. The bathroom was large with the double sinks, the separate shower and the tub/shower combo. There was more than enough closet space. We had no one across from us so there was not extra noise. We had so much room on our balcony. The room was near the aft of the boat and in the perfect spot. The room itself was large and very comfortable.

I was not impressed with Aruba. The shops were no different than home. They had a Coach and Louis Vuitton and their products were no different than what I have at home.
Read 685 Aruba Reviews

The island was small but the people were friendly. I would go back to visit again. The buildings were pretty.
Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

I loved this island the best. I loved all the shopping to choose from. You had so many places to eat. When the sun sets, the bands and dj's come out and it is a nice time for family and friends. It is truly a spot to go to.
Read 502 Curacao Reviews

We went to Samana Dominican Repubic and the island is very poor. There is not a lot of shopping to do.
Read 491 Dominica Reviews