Grand Princess Cruise Review by dandonna

Member Name: dandonna
Cruise Date: January 2012
Cabin Category: I
Cabin Number: L244
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
Grand Princess- Grand Vacation!
I am shocked at the negative reviews I have read about this ship as it was absolutely beautiful and i have been on 7 other cruises so I speak from some experience.

The boarding process was very simple & easy just remeber folks arrive at the port after 2:30pm so you don't have to deal with the traffic at that port.

Our room was Lido 244 which was my first venture in an inside cabin and it was great. Yes it was smaller than balcony cabins but my wife & I decided to try it and save the money for excursions and drinks...so glad we did. By the way if you can try to stay on the Lido deck as the main pools and buffet are on that deck so we had an easy time getting to and from each day.

The pool deck was fun and clean except for some water leakage that seemed to occur on a regualr basis but caution signs were put up so just walk slower no biggie.

Ship was very clean and we noticed they were constantly cleaning, painting, etc very impressive how they the crew worked to keep the ship clean.

Pool area was fun and the adult pool was nice 7 quiet so you had options. There is a pool and hottub on the back of the ship that is great for total eace 7 quiet as well as the Sanctuary area so we never ever felt cramped or crowded.

Fitness center was just fine as was the spa. My wife did Yoga classes and seemed to enjoy them.

The activities were plentiful so if you couldn't find something to do you must be impossible to please.

The food was good but the Crown Grill was fantastic!

Formal nights were impressive as i would say 75% dresse dup for the evening which is a sign of class and respect my wife & I enjoy seeing. ( I mean is it that hard to dress up 2 times in a week..please)

The interior piaza area was a great place to go pre dinner for cocktails & people watching.

The entertainment was good with broadway shows, a motown show, and a couple of decent comedians.

The weather was absolutely perfect every single day!

-Couple of suggestions here:

-If you are not doing an excursion in St Maarten just walk past all of the cabs and walk around the fence and right to the beach/ boardwalk area. it is just a 10 minutes walk and there is plenty of shops and bars right there in walking distance from the ship- save your cab fare.

-San Juan is really a big nothing so stay on the ship have some dinner and hit the pools & hot tubs as you will have them almost to yourselves.

-Don't miss the Crown Grill and be sure to order both the steak & lobster!!!

-If you plan on going to any shows or bingo and it says it starts at a certain time definitely get there at least 15 minutes early to be sure to get a seat. Just grab a cocktail and people watch til the show starts.

-Bring singles for individual tipping. My wife & I always bring $100 in singles to tip the bus boys in the buffet area or anyone that deserved a tip as they don't make much so be generous if you can.

-Casino is no smoke-free so if you like to gamble go when it is not crowded as it does get smokey at night.

-Order coffee everyday from room service as it is nice to get your wake up knock at the door followed by coffee to start the day.

-You can bring a bottle of wine on per person and we did and it does help save a few dollars and there is a fridge 7 ice in your room.

-Have fun your on vacation you make your own fun and yes not everything will go right and there may be some hiccups but enjoy yourself and treat others with the respect they deserve. We are so lucky to be able to take wonderful trips like these. Have a great trip and we will definitely be back on Princess again!

Publication Date: 01/22/12