Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by egbslo

Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: egbslo
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 07
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Nice but not exactly for us.
Was on the silouhette and it was our first with X.

The crowd was certainly the oldest I have ever seen and the average age estimate of 70 would be accurate.

Ship is just awesome and spectacular with the public area well designed..

Too many shops in my opinion that are taking too much room.

That beeing said the over all spirit on that cruise was going with it and we found it was VERY SLOW!!! Alot of older people just having a nap on chairs right in the grand foyer in the middle of the day or all around the public area!!! some were funny to watch on the other hand...

Most of the people were not very interested into beeing "a part" of the cruise but more interested in beeing a spectator..

We met some very nice people but also some very rude and not so pollite ones that would only care for themselves.... More than any RCL cruise i have done before. Beeing older does not mean that you are the owner of the ship or the world and that you can ignore the rules of "etiquette" that makes cruising so nice and relaxing. It was only a few individuals that were like that so it was ok but it just struck me and my patience was going away by the last day.

People working at the guest relations desk are PATIENT like you would never believe and i noticed a few times some older guests beeing so rude,loud and cranky with them for little things. I was stunt by that since it was the first time after 6 cruises I could notice such behavior from at least 3 guests over the duration of the trip.. Oh well!!!

Weather was awesome the entire trip and service was just amazing and the best we have experienced over the years.

Food in the MDR was good to excellent and we ate there every night. Pasta dishes were not tasty according to my girlfriend and i can also back that statement. Some entrees were also barely warm but i can understand that FOR SUCH A BIG OPERATION and there was absolutly no problem to have it warmed up when we would mention that to our fantastic waiter. Overall it was a very nice food experience and beside those 2 little points there is nothing else to say...

Buffet was very good with more choices than you can think.. Just can't understand the people that are complaining about the food on this ship.. What are they eating at home???

We did not eat in the speciality restaurants as they are WAY OVER PRICED.

Room attendant was very good and like a ghost and our room always very clean.

The service was awesome onboard and i really enjoyed the beverage package deal. It was practical,fast and just very nice not to think about your bill adding up... I think it would be a very good idea to extend that to the RCL fleet.

I did missed the activities and interaction I normally find on RCL and the good laughs we normally have when cruising but it was still an amazing cruise.

Bands,and some comedians were good. Celebrity Singers (males) were not good and cirque du soleil type of show was simply poor and not up to standard.Celebrity dancers were awesome. Cruise director was just ok and seems to be a little tired of doing that job. Certainly not funny and spontanious like we've experienced on previous cruises.

Ports were nice and weather helped.. Took a a half day snorkeling excursion in STE-CROIX with the ship and it was bad.. 100$ to jump on an over crowded with 34 other guests.. Boat was way too small and it was not even half as good as what we did in the past on "catamaran" well design for that type of excursion.

The old fishing boat used in STE-CROIX was way too small and we had a hard time just to move so imagine what it was to put the snorkeling gear on!!!

Will I cruise with X again? Not sure and it would be a decision based on the ports off call only and area to visit. We liked it and it was nice but just not exactly aimed for people under 65 i think. Are they trying to make it a little more active and fun? I think but it's hard to please everyone especially when you are shooting in every direction at the same time....

Publication Date: 01/22/12