Disney Wonder Cruise Review by cmdcruiser: Disney Wonder- Not Impressed

Disney Wonder- Not Impressed

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I am writing this now because I only just discovered cruise critic. We are preparing for our second cruise this March aboard the Royal Caribbean Oasis.

Last March we reserved the Roy Disney Suite for our first cruise. My husband and I were traveling with our son (5 at the time) and my mother. The reason we chose such a large suite was because we knew we would be spending a great deal of our evenings in the cabin. Our son usually tires out around 7PM and I am not one to throw him in the kids club just so I can have free time for myself.

The suite was very large and spacious, but that's where the luxury stops. It was old, drab and dingy; definitely in need of an overhaul. The master tub was gross and dirty. The sink drains kept clogging and worst of all the built in wall units creaked so loudly we didn't sleep all week. They were pulling away from the bolts on the walls and because the seas were pretty rough it was bang, bang, bang all night. Mike, our concierge More felt terrible, but there was nothing they could do to fix it until the ship went in for service. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention at 6am, they started dragging the deck furniture on the deck right above us.

Having a private concierge was nice. Mike was exceptional and arranged for us to have a private bridge tour with the captain.

All that being said, everything else was nice. The food, entertainment, service all up to par. I am not sure if I'll try a Disney cruise again, but if I do, I'm not waisting the extra money and just going with a standard cabin. Less

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Wonder Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck Eight

Roy Disney Suite: Large and spacious. Run down and in serious need of an overhaul.