Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandGirl826

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandGirl826
Liberty of the Seas
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Give me Liberty or give me...um...another lobster tail.
This was my husband and my 2nd time on this ship and she is still a beauty. The ship is beautiful and still looks new and the staff is great...happy and helpful in every way. Staterooms are typical of cruise ships, featuring a flat screen TV and surprisingly, more than enough closet and shelf space than we needed. Water still leaked onto the floor when we showered b/c there was a little space between the lip for the shower and the wall and that is the only thing I can possibly complain about, and its really more of an inconvenience for our kindly cabin attendant than us. Our cabin attendant, Igor was so trustworthy, consistent and nice; he took great care of us and was always available for anything we needed.

Royal Caribbean's Voyager and Freedom class ships features a Royal Promenade, which pretty much looks like a cobblestone street with shops, bars and restaurants in the center of the ship; our favorite spot on the Promenade was VINTAGES wine bar which featured wines from all over the world. The staff at Vintages Sylvia and Hendra were eager to make us comfortable and Sylvia was simply amazing; she is such a sweet and genuine person; we truly enjoyed our conversations with her and she was very knowledgeable of the wines. They have complimentary tapas at Vintages and offered chocolate covered strawberries and other sweets with our dessert wines. What a gem.

On Deck 12 was the Spa. One of the reasons my husband and I travel on Royal Caribbean is because they have fantastic service in their spas...their masseuses must have experience prior to working on the ship and then go for even more extensive training once hired -this means, you are not getting one of those "fluffy, frou-frou" massages; when they say deep tissue, they mean it. That said, we had a couples massage with Jenny and Estefania and they both did amazing work. My husband and I go to spas frequently (I go monthly) and he said it was by far the best massage he's ever had in his life. Their acupuncturist Toby was informative, kind and he even remembered to get a roll for my ankles to make sure I was comfortable. I know some people think acupuncture is not for them and I used to think the same thing, but if there's ever a time to try it, its on a cruise because you have the time to relax and Toby is your guy -he is a miracle worker.

Just below the spa is the gym; the equipment was well maintained and had a pretty cool area for boxing. My husband signed up for the Boot Camp class which he enjoyed, although the Boot Camp class on the Allure of the Seas was much more challenging.

Royal Caribbean Cruise ships have beautiful dining rooms and the Liberty of the Seas is no exception: we received great personal service from Ling and Elizabeth and suggest the "toasted almond" after dinner drink if you get a chance. I highly recommend the strawberry bisque, escargot and strawberry zabaglione. Wow, I am ready to book another cruise just thinking about it.

Johnny Rockets is also one of my favorite features on Royal Caribbean ships -great burgers (especially the turkey burgers!) for a small fee and our waiter, Winardi was so very nice. I don't really understand how they calculate the gratuity for Johnny Rockets, but the gratuity on the bill was less than a dollar, but you can always tip more and bill it to your seapass card.

As for the pool deck; there were plenty of chairs and places to sit, although the hot tubs did get a little crowded. They were showing some football games during the afternoon on the large screen projector on the pool deck which was pretty cool. The Solarium was nice, although the bigger the ships get with more features, the less the designers seem to pay attention to the Solarium. (I loved the Solariums on the Enchantment and the Navigator -the one on the Allure had more seating but the pool wasn't as interesting.)

Entertainment on the ships were great; we enjoyed the last night show and the "Up in the Air" show was incredible!! The piano player at the Schooner Lounge was entertaining and always had a lively crowd. Royal Caribbean had a lot of entertainers from "America's Got Talent," and they did not disappoint. We also played the "Battle of the Sexes" game and "The Quest" which were both entertaining and fun. The Entertainment staff and our cruise director from Australia were really funny!!

Overall, we loved being on the Liberty of the Seas and would do this cruise all over again in a heartbeat!! Do not hesitate to book this trip!! I realize that the Allure of the Seas and the Oasis of the Seas are getting a lot of hype now b/c they are the newest and biggest ships, don't feel like you won't have a good time on one of their "medium-large" ships. The Liberty is a megaship with tons to offer and a great staff that shows dedication to ensuring you have a great vacation.

Publication Date: 01/22/12