“Fantastic Cruise”

ajmom
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My family and I just returned from a week on the Valor and had a wonderful time. This was my 23rd cruise (and second time on the Valor). I really have to say if anyone has anything negative to say about this trip, they are searching, and searching hard. Our waiter, Mugnee, was fantastic! He brought us delicious food with a great attitude and a great deal of efficiency night after night. Carnival now has a "didja" item on the menu - which we thought was just great. It's an appetizer each night that many people may not have ever tried (for example, alligator and frog legs). Kudos to Carnival for adding this fun feature to the daily menu. Entertainment was good, right on par with good entertainment we've had in the past. The crew was excellent, very friendly and very efficient. They certainly kept the ship in wonderful condition. We never saw our cabin steward, however, he/she did a fantastic job. We've been seeing other cruise lines make small cut backs (such as no chocolates on the pillow at night, etc.); however, if anything, Carnival has added features (such as the didja). We enjoyed the complimentary sushi most nights. I also have to add that the complimentary drinks were free flowing at both the repeat cruisers party and the farewell party. No skimping there! We would recommend this cruise to anyone, we had a fantastic time and encountered nothing but fantastic crew, service, meals and entertainment.
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Rates
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

4J1002
Cabin 1002 (categorized as inside cabin with obstructed view) is handicapped accessible; which made it SO much bigger than other inside cabins. It was at the very front of the ship, looking out onto Deck 10. Would highly recommend it!

We went cave tubing with VIV and had a blast. I will say there was quite a line to get into the river (which was no fault of VIV, there were five excursion companies there at the same time, so we all had to wait). Our guide Carlos was very fun and got everyone involved. The rain forest and caves are so beautiful. I would recommend this to anyone.
Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Port
I'm not a real fan of Cozumel, but we did have a great day. Two of our party went parasailing and enjoyed that very much. We took a taxi to Ocean Beach and enjoyed the beach and parasailing for a few hours, then returned to town for shopping and rum "purchasing".
Read 4,596 Cozumel Reviews
Port
We had a private tour through Victor Bodden and had an incredible day. Our guide Issac was fun and willing to take us where ever we wanted. We did the zip lines at Pirates of the Caribbean, went to the Iguana Farm, Victor's house for Monkey Business, and even went to a local restaurant to eat iguana. Outstanding day!
Read 2,211 Roatan Reviews
Published 01/22/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?