Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ajmom: Fantastic Cruise

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic Cruise

Sail Date: January 2012

My family and I just returned from a week on the Valor and had a wonderful time. This was my 23rd cruise (and second time on the Valor). I really have to say if anyone has anything negative to say about this trip, they are searching, and searching hard.

Our waiter, Mugnee, was fantastic! He brought us delicious food with a great attitude and a great deal of efficiency night after night. Carnival now has a "didja" item on the menu - which we thought was just great. It's an appetizer each night that many people may not have ever tried (for example, alligator and frog legs). Kudos to Carnival for adding this fun feature to the daily menu.

Entertainment was good, right on par with good entertainment we've had in the past.
The crew was excellent, very friendly and very efficient. They certainly kept the ship in wonderful condition. We never saw our cabin steward, however, he/she did a fantastic job.
We've been seeing other cruise lines make small cut backs More (such as no chocolates on the pillow at night, etc.); however, if anything, Carnival has added features (such as the didja). We enjoyed the complimentary sushi most nights. I also have to add that the complimentary drinks were free flowing at both the repeat cruisers party and the farewell party. No skimping there!

We would recommend this cruise to anyone, we had a fantastic time and encountered nothing but fantastic crew, service, meals and entertainment. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Interior Panorama 1002

Cabin 1002 (categorized as inside cabin with obstructed view) is handicapped accessible; which made it SO much bigger than other inside cabins. It was at the very front of the ship, looking out onto Deck 10. Would highly recommend it!

We went cave tubing with VIV and had a blast. I will say there was quite a line to get into the river (which was no fault of VIV, there were five excursion companies there at the same time, so we all had to wait). Our guide Carlos was very fun and got everyone involved. The rain forest and caves are so beautiful. I would recommend this to anyone.

I'm not a real fan of Cozumel, but we did have a great day. Two of our party went parasailing and enjoyed that very much. We took a taxi to Ocean Beach and enjoyed the beach and parasailing for a few hours, then returned to town for shopping and rum "purchasing".
Read 3137 Cozumel Reviews

We did a private snorkeling trip and enjoyed it very much.

We had a private tour through Victor Bodden and had an incredible day. Our guide Issac was fun and willing to take us where ever we wanted. We did the zip lines at Pirates of the Caribbean, went to the Iguana Farm, Victor's house for Monkey Business, and even went to a local restaurant to eat iguana. Outstanding day!
Read 1660 Roatan Reviews