SeaDream I Cruise Review by cruisediver1: Seadream Exceeded All Expectations Again

cruisediver1
Member Since 2008

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on SeaDream I Southern Caribbean Cruises

Seadream Exceeded All Expectations Again

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I just returned from 8 days of pure pampering and the finest service and food that I have experienced on any cruise, even prior Seadream voyages. This was my third time on the line. I have cruised on all the major high end lines (Regents, Seabourn, Crystal). I have nothing negative to say about any of them. They all have their strengths, but I am convinced that no other line can deliver the same level of service as Seadream as they hold a maximum of about a 100 passengers.

My impression since my last sailing with them in the Caribbean in 2011 was that they have raised the bar even further. My prior sailing was in 2008 in the Med. Fine food and personel service are two very important elements for me. Yes, I have had excellent meals on other lines, but Seadream did not miss a note the entire voyage. I actually took photos of many of the dinner meals. I am a foodie and a tough critic. I could find zero fault.

As they had in the past, they really made us feel like More the yacht was ours. There are never any lines. They will modify the itinerary if the weather is bad so that guests have a comfortable ride. They are happy to take a tender with only one person in it if you want to go ashore or come back to the ship. There is no waiting. And yes it is true that by the second day staff seems to know all the passenger's names and favorite drinks or breakfast items. Many passengers on the cruise took advantage of the water sports (sailing, waverunners, watersking, paddleboards). I can not describe the fun of jumping off the back of the ship to swim in blue water. The back of the ship folds down the create a swim platform.

We stopped at wonderful islands with that varied from barely habitated to very chic (St. Barts). The ship tends to overnight in St. Barts to allow passengers the ability to stay on the island as long as they wish. The second day that we were in that port, the sister ship Seadream II arrived and anchored next to us. It was an impressive site to see the blue yachts just outside the harbor. The final day, Seadream puts on a Caviar Splash on a beach. This time it was on Jost Van Dyke. They also do the same on Virgin Gorda. The head chef and hotel manager serve guests champagne and caviar from a surfboard in the surf. Great photo opportunity.

There is a strong tendency to make new friends on the ship. Based on the small size, one gets more opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow passengers than other cruise lines. By the end of the week it really feels like your family onboard. If I sound like I was extremely pleased with my voyage, it would be an understatement. Seadream exceeded all my expectations. Well done!! Less

Read more SeaDream I cruise reviews >>