Mariner of the Seas 4

“Fun cruise but with a few mixed emotions.”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

naturalwoman
Member Since 2009
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

We are a family of 3, my husband, my adult daughter and me. We have cruised 9 times in the past so we know a little about what to expect.
Getting on the ship was OK, I understood that they had to decontaminate the ship so I knew that would take some time. The Convention center that RC bused us to was clean and they did provide a sack lunch. I thought that part was well organized.
We got to our room on deck 8 and the room was clean. The shower doors did not shut all the way so we always got water on the floor. The balcony could of used a good scrubbing and the chairs were dirty. I noticed the sheets were tattered, some had ink on them. Our cabin steward did a good job cleaning.
The safety drill went smooth, the least painful drill I have ever been through, maybe because the temperature outside was so pleasant.

The main dinning hall was great, food was exceptional. The buffets were OK, some days better than others.

* The staff seemed worn out and frazzled. I More felt very sorry for them. I know they were working hard and fast but they all seemed tired, worn out and not too happy. It was the first cruise I have ever been on where I have seen such worn out unhappy crew members. I felt RC was trying to get one person to do the work of 3. The ship was not kept up like most RC ships and I saw places where carpet should have been replaced, I understood why all the windows looked dirty because of the decontamination, but I would have really enjoyed looking through clean windows and walking around on a sparkling clean ship.
The shows were ok. The ice show was wonderful. Since we all (my family) are non-smokers we did not appreciate inhaling the smoke on the ship. Many times while on my balcony I had to go in because my neighbors were smoking. I asked for a non-smoking room and was hoping the other rooms around me were non smoking but no such luck. Cigarette smoking is such a nasty habit and I did not appreciate being forced to inhale it. We would cruise again but next time not over the holidays. Less

Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 01/20/12

Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review

Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?