Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by bartekmak: Fabulous Allure of the seas

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Fabulous Allure of the seas

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean

Allure of the Seas is a fantastic, massive floating city. We spend Christmas Nd New Years on the ship. Usually they sail 7 days, but this time they made it 10 days cruise to include holidays.
If you have 7 days it might be hard to see and do everything there is to do on this fabulous ship.
The only problem we had was that they charge full price for 6 month old baby, including tips. Outrageous.

Our cabin was on deck 12, in the middle with extra large balcony. We were very satisfied with the layout and extra space on the balcony. Our son with the baby had space to enjoy, since they had interior cabin also on 12th deck. Convenient.
No matter were your cabin is located it will be long way to walk.

Entertainment was fantastic. We saw Chicago which was OK. You must see Blue Planet !!!! extraordinary.
Ice skating show was great, highly recommend. Oceanaria outstanding. To see those divers jump from way up it is mind blowing. You have to make sure you do not More miss those high jumps, because they do it without much warning.
There was also band playing Beatels songs. Very talented, but you have to like those songs.

Dining was acceptable. We ate in the dining room only, because of the baby. Food is average, but not outstanding.. Service was great. We almost felt like we had 2servers to ourselves since lots of people ate in specialty restaurants with extra charge. Not worth it. You can get same food in the dining room.
Windjammer cafe is were buffet is and we ate breakfast and most lunches there. It was jummed most of the time, you might have to look for table long time during high hours. Solarium cafe has poor selection. But I highly recommend Park Cafe ,where you can pick your own salads, sandwiches etc.
Ports of call were standard, St. Martin, St. Thomas , first time in St. kitts and Labadee.
Highly recommend Labadee zip line , expensive , but worth it.

Activities on the ship are amazing. From Flowrider to iceskating to zip lining to rock climbing to mini golf to basketball to name a few. All worth trying.

Fitness center is the only place I had a problem with. Poor location, small windows. I like to look out when exercising, makes time go by faster. I did spinning classes every day. Some instructors were great, some average, but I got my workout. They charge $15 per class plus tips. You have to be carefully with tipping for those classes. They charge 75 cents for EACH instructor even though only one instructor doing the class. Total ripoff!

Did not use any spa services,but I did pay for use od steam rooms $115 for 9 days. I ended up going 3 times. Very expensive steam! Absolutely not worth it. The whole spa concept. Is like a poor cousin to let's say Norwegian Epic.

Ship is magnificent, fantastic decorating, specially for Christmas and New Year.
My highlight was over 6000 people in the Royal Promenade for N.Y. eve. Never Forget!! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Strm w/Bal Deck 6 12600

Cabin 12600 with extra big balcony. Recommend. Plenty of space.