Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Sweet_Misery

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Sweet_Misery
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: Sweet_Misery
Cruise Date: January 2012
Cabin Category: 8A

Tilting Fun on the Liberty
Embarkation: We boarded the Carnival Liberty in Miami around 12:30 PM. My parents had Platinum status, so we got to go in the VIP Lounge for the first time. Our room wasn't ready until 2 PM, so we ate lunch on the Lido Deck in Emile's. We went to the safety briefing in The Cabinet lounge, for the disabled passengers.

Tilting: The ship tilted on Sunday morning about 40 degrees. Stuff fell off the shelves in our room and the water from the pool went everywhere, so the crew had to clean up a lot. We were told it was a "Technical error." Kinda scary, especially after hearing about the Costa disaster in Italy.

Room: We have a cabin on the eighth floor, right under the lido deck. I love staying on the eighth floor, cause I can just run upstairs and get a drink or and ice cream cone for Mom. We were on the starboard side, so we were able to see all the sail away action from our room. It was pretty quiet except for the rolling carts above us. Our room always felt hot even though the air conditioning was at full blast. Our balcony wasn't very smoky either, but the door clicked during the middle of the night. We never met our room steward. Must be one who hides under the bed while you're in there.

Silver Dining Room: We were seated for dinner at table 334 in The Silver dining room with 5 people who only spoke Japanese and the service was pretty slow, so we asked for a seat reassignment. We got changed to table 551 in the same dining room. We had Ralph from Jamaica as our new waiter. He was very funny and even helped my mom with her wheelchair every night.

Food: On the lido deck, they mostly served American, Italian, and Caribbean food. The fruit soups were my favorite starters. The fried shrimp, the pasta, the meatloaf, Chateaubriand with Bearnaise sauce were my favorite entrees. The

Bitter and Blanc, the cake pops, Warm Chocolate Melting cake, and the Chocolate Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cake were my favorite desserts. The Burritos at Blue Iguana and Guy's Plain Jane burger were good as well.

Entertainment: We went to Karaoke, Bean Bag Tournament, The 70's dance class, Game Show Mania, Name that 80's tune trivia, Wonderful World, The Gender Showdown, the MJ dance moves competition, and the Big Hair competition. We skipped Singin' with the Big Band with Christopher Alan Graves, because we have seen it twice already. The four comedians were great and Just Rock was my favorite show. I didn't watch any movies at the seaside theatre.

Staff: Butch Begovich was the cruise director and one of the friendliest I have had. I enjoyed the social hosts, such as Josh and Marie as well. I only saw Amy one time at Bingo. Roy from Indonesia helped me lift my mom's wheelchair up the ramp at every port.

Shopping: The watches for $10 and the sets for $19.99 are a rip off. Mom opened the bag her watch was in and it was sticky where the side things had fallen off, so Dad went back to the shop to return it. When he came back with a new watch, the second hand was broken, so he had to go back to the shop and get another one. We did buy some t-shirts and two of the sea glass animals they were selling.

Debarkation: we debarked the ship in Miami at 7:30 am, due to my parent's Platinum status. It was one of the fastest debarkations I have had.

Publication Date: 01/20/12