Disney Dream Cruise Review by c1798805: Can't go back to NCL, RC or Carnival after doing Disney!

c1798805
Member Since 2009
1 Post

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Can't go back to NCL, RC or Carnival after doing Disney!

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I did a three night cruise aboard the Disney Dream with two girlfriends. We are single gals in our twenties and had never done a Disney cruise considering they are pricier than RC, NCL ect. and also geared more towards families than us. Now having been on one, I don't think I can go back to those lines after being on the Disney Dream. Disney did it right. I was a little concerned about the amount of annoying children I might be trapped with on the cruise, but there are plenty of adult only areas when you want quiet and we had our only table at dinner. We also loved all the staff on the cruise. Lots of personality. There are also two restaurants that are adult only but we didn't go to them. Food was standard cruise food, everything else truly surpassed my expectations which were high considering it was Disney. I would highly recommend this cruise to families and singletons that are children at heart. Our stateroom with a veranda had two bathrooms: very smart. Could go on and More on but I won't, just so many details that made this cruise better than other lines. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 5 10150

There were two bathrooms in our room. Both had sink vanities. One had a toilet while the other had tub/shower = Very smart. Very nice and comfortable queen mattress and bedding. No one used the pull-out couch. My girlfriend said her pull down bed from the ceiling was comfortable, but those never look very comfortable to me. There is a curtain that can separate the couch area from the bed area so my friend felt like she had her own private area and it also made getting ready and changing in the morning easier. Veranda was fine - nothing obstructing our view. Two small chairs out there, nothing too big Didn't hear any noise, though we were right next to the elevators.

I don't like Nassau and don't know anyone who does lol. We got off for like an hour than got back on the ship to relax.
Read 2605 Nassau Reviews