Arcadia Cruise Review by essexessex

Embarkation: other
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: BD
Cabin Number: A13
See More About: Arcadia Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Arcadia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Arcadia Deck Plans
Other passengers medicine and personal data in our cabin
How excited were we on our last cruise on Arcadia on 9th December 2011.....well that's what I was hoping.

I expected a letter or a call from the Portunus rep congratulating us on being so loyal with P&O over the years and reaching the dizzy heights of Gold Members.....well after no phone calls or letters in our post rack on the cabin door I decided to pick up the courage and speak to the Portunus Rep.

On arriving at the Portunus desk we were greeted by a not so pleasant smiling face but hey she might have had a bad day.... hello I said... yes she replied....I said...could you tell me when we get a letter and our Gold gift please , her reply was not on this cruise but when you book another cruise you will have to ask for your gift on board that ship.... ask for a gift I thought !!! ........I left the Portunus lair and then it hit me P&O don't give a.........

Changing subject the ship was great the staff were very friendly and the food in the Belvedere was really good and had a great selection.

We also liked the Ocean grill but thought the covered pool area would look nice with some more plants and greenery.

The restaurant menu was not that impressive and I had to send a meal back as it was cold and on the following night I asked for tomatoes with my dinner and my waiter said he would speak to the chef.... unfortunately they did not arrive despite them being on the menu for other meals it appeared that the waiters had too many tables to attend. The wine waiter was very attentive.

There was an issue with how often the cabins are cleaned properly like a spring clean as I found other passengers medicine in the cabin and other items which I will speak to P&O direct or they can write to me as I am sure they have my details. ( P&O REMOVED THE DATES OF THE ITEMS WHICH WERE 2006 )

After about 17 cruises I feel that P&O need to pull their socks up and take a closer look at the customer service they offer and also they need to look at how they can make all their passengers feel special.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes and unacceptable grammar....

UPDATE: The above was posted on the P&O website and had been edited by P&O but they have contacted me regarding going from Saphire to Gold. Unfortunately they have not contacted me with regards to the medicine found in the cabin and the other items with previous passengers details on ..names dates etc.....

Publication Date: 01/19/12