Disney Dream Cruise Review by mgrad_med: Great Cruise...except Oceaneer Club.

mgrad_med
Member Since 2003

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Great Cruise...except Oceaneer Club.

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

PROS:

On-line check in was great and smooth.
Embarkation was a breeze.
Parked at Radisson Port Hotel for nearly nothing. Very Smooth. Great Shuttle service.
AMPLE Character opportunities in the Atrium and around the ship (except O club)
Food was very good.
Brought a lot of wine and liquor on board, and this went smoothly. Brought it in an empty rolling carry-on.
My 3 year old had a wonderful time on the yellow slide. (too small for aqua duck)
Room was very nice size, and our steward was excellent.
Shows were absolutely outstanding!!!
Believe and Golden Mickeys were two of the best Broadway-style shows I have ever seen.
My daughter absolutely loved them.
Dis-embarkation was a breeze.

CONS:

Wow, those pools are very small, almost embarrassingly small.

There is a crew member at the bottom of the Yellow Slide for 4-14 year olds, but not at the top. BAD IDEA! All of the fighting, pushing, and cutting was More happening at the top of the slide where the crew member can not see it. Parents just left their kids there for hours expecting someone else to parent their kids. Mine was the smallest kid, so my wife and I were there policing the area. A number of younger kids came down crying as they were being bullied by the bigger kids.

Now to the Oceaneer Club/Lab. Absolute chaos every time we walked in. We tried it three times for our 3 year old. She is potty trained fully. Holy cow, that place was crazy. I really do think that they were overwhelmed. At a few points, they closed the club and left only the lab open (they are connected by a sliding wall). This was utter anarchy. The littler kids just get lost in it all. Perhaps my kid is a tweener, but hear me now, if there are a lot of kids, the club is probably best for 5-6 and older. No real quiet zone for kids who want just chill and be away from the craziness.

Would have really liked to be have been able to utilize this club more. Real Bummer.

Otherwise, and overall, an absolutely awesome cruise with the exception of the above items. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 6 9094

Excellent storage. We had 6 bags and there was no sign of clutter the entire time. Excellent view. No hall or elevator noise. Right in the middle of the ship.