Carnival Liberty 2

“The good , Bad and the Ugly”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

isisdave
Member Since 2008
24 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Good; enough elevators, good service from waiter Darwin and cabin steward, hamburger station, Harry's ( $30 extra but the best food), best sauna I have used on a ship ( in the ladies locker room, free), excellent doctor and nurse on board.

Bad; short time in ports,too many people not enough room, photographers everywhere hocking their wares and making it difficult to walk in the hallways, hot inside room not able to even get a fan without a documented medical condition, room service hard to find menu and then when you did it did not include eggs for breakfast, so crowded that people were standing up in pools they could not swim.

Ugly; rude and unhelpful maitre d' , poor food, only cruise ship that I have sailed where they serve meat loaf and mac and cheese for the grownups in the dining room for dinner.

I have sailed on over 35 cruises and I will not be back. I would not recommend this line to my friends. Less

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4H1017
inside cabin on 10th deck; too hot, asked to have air conditioning lowered but AC officer said that cabin temps of 74 degrees are the right temperature for Carnival so that is that. No fan without documented medical condition.

We took a private tour of 18 people to the Xunantunich mayan ruins. It was interesting and not crowded. But our tour guides van broke down an hour from the ship and we almost got left behind.

Nice, snorkeling at Chankanaab Park. $25 entry fee, $8 to rent fins was a little steep but it was clean and uncrowded. Took taxi to and from ship.
Read 4536 Cozumel Reviews

Private tour to experience the stingrays ( a must, definitely a once in a lifetime experience) and a short snorkel.

Maya Key private island retreat with lunch, ship tour. Really a lovely place to snorkel and walk around and see their collection of animals. But because of problems docking our tour was cut by 2 hours ( no refund)/
Read 2191 Roatan Reviews

Published 01/19/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?