Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by isisdave: The good , Bad and the Ugly

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

The good , Bad and the Ugly

Sail Date: December 2011

Good; enough elevators, good service from waiter Darwin and cabin steward, hamburger station, Harry's ( $30 extra but the best food), best sauna I have used on a ship ( in the ladies locker room, free), excellent doctor and nurse on board.

Bad; short time in ports,too many people not enough room, photographers everywhere hocking their wares and making it difficult to walk in the hallways, hot inside room not able to even get a fan without a documented medical condition, room service hard to find menu and then when you did it did not include eggs for breakfast, so crowded that people were standing up in pools they could not swim.

Ugly; rude and unhelpful maitre d' , poor food, only cruise ship that I have sailed where they serve meat loaf and mac and cheese for the grownups in the dining room for dinner.

I have sailed on over 35 cruises and I will not be back. I would not recommend this line to my friends. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Panorama 1017

inside cabin on 10th deck; too hot, asked to have air conditioning lowered but AC officer said that cabin temps of 74 degrees are the right temperature for Carnival so that is that. No fan without documented medical condition.

We took a private tour of 18 people to the Xunantunich mayan ruins. It was interesting and not crowded. But our tour guides van broke down an hour from the ship and we almost got left behind.

Nice, snorkeling at Chankanaab Park. $25 entry fee, $8 to rent fins was a little steep but it was clean and uncrowded. Took taxi to and from ship.
Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews

Private tour to experience the stingrays ( a must, definitely a once in a lifetime experience) and a short snorkel.

Maya Key private island retreat with lunch, ship tour. Really a lovely place to snorkel and walk around and see their collection of animals. But because of problems docking our tour was cut by 2 hours ( no refund)/
Read 1649 Roatan Reviews