Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by kidzdok: Wonderful Cruise on the Oasis

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Wonderful Cruise on the Oasis

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean

We went on the holiday (Dec 24-31) cruise on the Oasis with my 3 boys (18-23yo) and my parents in their 80's. It was wonderful.

The best part was the crew. Everyone we passed in the hall or anyone we had contact with had a smile on their face. They made eye contact, said hello and asked how they could help. What wonderful training RCI has for their staff!

The ship is big and we had 6200 passengers on board but honestly we never really felt crowded. There are so many venues to hang out and people do so many different things that there are no crowds. Even the check in at the terminal was incredibly efficient. (btw, we got on at 11am. Don't believe the 2pm arrival time. You can start your vacation 3 hours earlier!).

The only time we had an issue with crowds was waiting for an elevator at dinner. That took quite some time but I can think of no other time we felt overwhelmed with people.

Again, the staff was great. My dad was having trouble walking around More so we asked for a wheelchair. With no questions asked, we received one from Guest Relations. When it didn't work well, one of the cabin attendants noticed (not our attendant) and called on his walkie talkie and another one was sent to the room.

The dining room food and service was wonderful. We ate there every night. Our waiter was great and entertained us with card tricks on a few nights. Amazing staff!

The nice thing about the Oasis is all of the other restaurants available. My parents really liked going to the Park Cafe and just hanging out in the Central Park Area. It was very relaxing. A couple nights they had a violin and piano duo playing. It was very classy.

In Labadee we went on the wave runners (our third time). It was great. The instructor/leader was really funny and made it lots of fun. A really fast ride!

The shows were all top notch: Hairspray, Come Fly with Me, the Ice show and the comedy show. The Headliner was "The Nelsons" which I didn't think was quite up to the standards of the other shows. Half of the show was just video montages of their father, Ricky Nelson.

All in all, a wonderful ship. Brand New. Tons to do. Great food and shows. Most of all, a wonderful, caring crew!! We would go again without question. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10 12209

Nice quiet view of Central Park. For a cruise cabin, it was a nice size. For my wife and I it was perfectly fine. Always clean. Everything worked. The bed was VERY comfortable.

In Jamaica we went on the Chukka ATV tour around the Good Hope Estate. Lots of fun but you do get muddy. I would recommend it. It was probably a 1/2 hr bus ride from the port. Jamaica is pretty laid back. My 18 and 20 year old loved it. The Jamaicans ask if you are 18yo. If you say yes (no ID checks), then they are more than happy to give you beer, rum, etc.
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews