Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by DietSunkist

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by DietSunkist
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: DietSunkist
Cruise Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Holiday cruise on the Connie
Myself (48), my partner (51) and my parents M (76) D (74) cruised the Constellation for 14 nights during the Christmas break. It was our 2nd cruise on a Celebrity ship (Summit) and my parent's 3rd (Summit and Millenium). We have previously cruised a number of times on HAL, RCCL, and NCL.

My parents are snowbirds who live 15 minutes from the port so we drove ourselves and parked at Park N Go which went very smoothly. We usually park at the ramp next to the port which costs twice as much. We were pleased with Park N Go and will definitely park there again. Embarkation took about an hour. Check in was quick but we had to wait awhile before we could board the ship.

We were in a CC cabin on deck 8. We booked it months ago and my parents were in a OV on deck 2. They booked it in late October after deciding they wanted to join us. My mom was concerned about being in an OV but she ended up loving it and she said she will not hestitate to book another one. We were happy in our cabin. It had a partially obstructed view. The window washing thingy is parked to the side of the balcony but it really doesn't take that much from the view. We really liked the location, mid ship and near the stairs and elevator. I liked being right next to the library so I could check and see what books and magazines were dropped off every day. Our cabin attendants were wonderful. No complaints about the cabin at all.

The first night we decided to eat in the main dining room. We had select dining. The waiters were all very friendly but it took forever to get our food. My partner and I are vegetarians and ordered off the vegetarian menu. The food was so-so. It certainly wasn't worth waiting 2 hours for. As a result we never returned to the dining room and ate the rest of our dinners in the buffet. We just don't like taking too much time out of our evening waiting for dinner.

The buffet food was good. There was plenty of variety. It did get repetitive after awhile but we were on the ship for 14 days. We all always found something to eat and never starved. We especially liked the stir fry and pasta atations. The salad bar was also pretty good. We ate veggie burgers at the grill until they ran out. That was a bummer. The staff in the buffet and grill were terrific (kudos to Julianna and Gede who were awesome!).

We had the premium non alcoholic beverage package. We both drank a lot of water. I also drank a lot of Diet Coke (which they kept running out of) and my partner drank a lot of smoothies. She loved the berry smoothies. All of the bartenders were nice and friendly except for one at the Sea View bar. He was so scary that when I saw that he was working I would go to another bar to get my water/pop!

We made good use of the gym. I thought it was a nice gym. There are many treadmills, about 6 ellipticals and 3 recumbent bikes and 4 upright bikes. There was a free weight area as well as a variety of weight machines. We did use the outdoor track as well. You do have to get out there first thing in the morning before all the sunbathers move their chairs and get in your way.

One of the best things about the cruise was Perry Grant! He is a piano entertainer extraordinaire. It is hard to describe his show, you just have to go and see him for yourself. We went almost every night and he loved my mom. He called her up several times to turn on/off his ball. We did not go to any of the Celebrity production shows. We did go to Dan Bennett's show. He's a comedian/juggler. He was good. The other guy (can't remember his name) who did impersonations was so so.

We do not cruise for the ports. We simply get off on every island, walk around for an hour and get back on the ship. Our favorite time on the ship is when everyone else is off. It's really the only time you can relax and enjoy the pool area.

Unfortunately I did get sick. I'm not sure what it was. I was puking for 24 hours and could not get out of bed. It was very similiar to a bout of food poisoning that I experienced before. I missed St. Maarten completely.

Disembarkation wasn't as smooth as embarkation. It was a free for all. Once you leave the ship there are no clearly defined lines for customs but we managed alright and it took about an hour. It's unbelievable how much luggage people bring on a 14 night cruise!

All in all the four of us had a great time. We would cruise with Celebrity again and in fact are already booked for a cruise on the Solstice in March. We are looking at possibly doing another 14 night holiday cruise.

Publication Date: 01/18/12