Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by ladyslippertraveller: Oasis of the Seas - A Magnificent Ship

ladyslippertraveller
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of the Seas - A Magnificent Ship

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Other

I am not a first time cruiser but then again I do not have dozens and dozens of cruises attached to my name. I will say I feel comfortable on cruise ships and it does not take me long to get into the stride of where everything can be found. Having said this I found the Oasis a bit overwhelming when I first stepped aboard. My first thought was, will it take the entire week to figure this ship out and know where I am going.
Well that is only the first impression. It really doesn't take long and it is rather fun...getting lost a few times and then being set straight.
The ship is magnificent and well worth a cruise just to say you have done it. The beautiful gardens, trees and cafes located in Central Park were lovely. I especially enjoyed the park at night after dinner. It was like a walk in New York's Central Park under the stars. The Boardwalk area with it wonderful Merry Go Round is a happy place for young and old alike. The water show with seating for hundreds of people is More located at the stern of the ship. What a backdrop, the sea, the sky and the stars. The central area of the ship offers a number of shops, restaurants, cafes and much more for passengers to enjoy.
There is just so much to take in. We visited the skating rink during the day and watched a number of teenagers enjoy a skate (skates are provided) and in the evening we sat in comfortable seats and watched a magical ice show with excellent skaters in beautiful costumes.
The entertainment on the ship was over the moon. We enjoyed every show and prior to sailing I went on line and booked my tickets for all the entertainment. Those who failed to pre book their tickets could always wait in a "stand-by" line and hope for empty seas. It is best to book your entertainment tickets when you book your cruise. Travel agents can do this for you as well.
The dining rooms are located on three decks and each dining room seats 1000 people. We had top notch service and a great variety of delicious meals. The ship has numerous pools, bars, a wonderful spa, fitness centre, lots of recreational areas for those who like to keep active and on the go.
One of the best highlights of the week for me was the two parades with staff dressed in fantastic costumes, dancing, singing and lots of confetti at the end of the show. It was delightful for children, parents, grandparents and all those who enjoy being a kid again. The ship certainly does not lack facilities and I can honestly say there is something on the Oasis for everyone. If you cannot be happy on this ship then maybe you shouldn't be cruising. Now that I have experienced this wonderful ship I am looking forward to a trip on her sister ship, the Allure of the Seas which is a few years newer.
I do not have any negative comments about the Oasis of the Seas. Considering the number of passengers life on the Oasis ran smoothly and was well organized. The crew was excellent, no one could ask for more.
It is a great ship and offers a great cruise. Try it, you'll love it. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 9 7130

Our balcony cabin was spacious, bright and well decorated. We enjoyed it very much. Our cabin steward looked after us very well.

Our cruise took us to Labadee in Haiti which is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the warm ocean waters. We had a lovely time here swimming and enjoying the sun. A wonderful buffet was served at noon hour with a large variety of foods to enjoy. Our next port of call was Falmouth in Jamaica and again we went off to a private beach area to enjoy a day in the sun and swimming. The third port of call was the island of Cozumel, off the coast of Playa del Carmen in Mexico. We enjoyed the National Park here along with good food and swimming. This was a fun in the sun cruise for us.
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews