Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by MishnDave: Fun Weekend Cruise with Friends

MishnDave
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

Fun Weekend Cruise with Friends

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I just got back from sailing on the Inspiration for a weekend with my mom friends and free of spouses and kids. (This is our third annual moms cruise). Fifteen of us boarded the ship on January 6th without issue. Although the ship was reportedly sold out, my friends and I all arrived at different times during the day with all of us reporting short lines and fast check-in. This was much improved over our experience last year where we waited in line for over 2 hours to get on board.

This is my first sailing on the Inspiration having previously sailed the same itinerary on the Paradise three times. The ships seemed to be virtually identical with exception of the water slide area which was much better on this ship.

Our large group opted for the late seating in the dining room and we were sat at two tables which were adjacent to each other. The menus were unchanged from last year's menu, the food was fine (good - not great), I enjoyed the soups and of course the More chocolate melting cake.

I really enjoyed the tea which was offered at the day at sea in the piano bar area. Highly recommend. The assortment of sandwiches, tarts and desserts were delicious.

Don't miss the sushi bar at 5pm for an early evening snack.

The adult comedy was excellent on Sunday night. I didnt catch any of the big shows as they were unchanged from last year and they were just okay last year.

We had breakfast each morning in the dining room which was nice. Eggs Benedict was delicious and I also enjoyed the belgian waffles and french toast.

Lunch was at the buffet which fine. There is good selection and if you like chocolate, don't miss the chocolate covered fruit station in the back by the deli area. There were apples, pinapple and melon that the attendant will dip in dark chocolate.

The dance clubs were hopping each of the three nights as was the karoake club. There was a live band playing outside of the casino which was quite good. People would walk by and join the fun and it turned into an impromptu dance floor.

Leaving the ship was also quick. After breakfast in the dining room, we headed out at 9am (carrying all our bags) and was in the parking garage within 30 minutes.

This ship is older but clean. The staff worked hard. Our group had a great time and for the price, its a good value. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>