Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by gingermetimbers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by gingermetimbers
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: gingermetimbers
Cruise Date: January 2012
Cabin Category: D2
Spa & Fitness 5+

Perfect getaway!!
My boyfriend and I had a terrible time agreeing on where to go for our post-holiday romantic getaway. He, having never been on a cruise before, was convinced he was not a "cruise person" but in the end I wound up getting my way and we booked on Liberty. We chose the 5 night itinerary because it was his 1st cruise and if he really didn't like it I didn't want him to feel stuck for 7 days. Well we both wished we could have stayed longer!!! I'll try to break down here:

Day One Embarkation from Ft. Lauderdale: easy as pie. Arrived at 12:30 on the ship by 1:00. Spent the day exploring the ship. I had been on adventure of the seas in 2003 and Liberty is basically the same design just bigger. Overall very impressive in size and beauty. Fairly easy to navigate. The touch screens by the elevators were so helpful they were basically touch screenmaps and cruise compasses telling you what was going on where and how to get there. Great. Dinner in main dining room. Food was fine I don't know what everyone complains about. We also enjoyed our lunch at the windjammer, lots of variety and always found a nice seat by the window. Had late seating for dinner which was nice because we could take an afternoon nap if we liked.

Day Two Sea Day: spent the morning relaxing poolside. It was a nice 79 degrees but the water was chilly. This didn't bother us one bit because it kept the pools from overcrowding. We tried the rock climbing and flowrider as well, both of which were fun and neither of which had long lines (I was able to climb the rock wall and immediately go a second time). We had a blast. Formal night in main dining room then skipped the show and opted for the casino. My boyfriend hit big on a slot machine and that was it, he was now over his pre-conceived cruise notions, and was having a blast.

Day 3 Belize City: had sit down breakfast in main dining room which was very good. French toast was out of this world! Did the cave tubing and aerial treck excursion. The only snag of the whole trip was having to wait an hour with our tour group to be tendered out. This may not be RCI's fault though may just be the way it is. The excursion was incredible!!!! Our tour guide, Edgar, was funny, entertaining and really knowledgeable about the rainforest. My boyfriend was so impressed. We had a great time tubing and ziplining was also fun. I cannot say enough about our tour and our guide it really was an amazing experience. tried dinner in Portofino. Very good and well worth the $20 cover. Caught the lounge lizard in the shooner bar, he was quite a performer.

Day Four Cozumel: grabbed a quick bite in windjammer for breakfast then off to swim with the dolphins! No one could have prepared me for how much I would enjoy this. Also, I don't know if I've ever seen my boyfriend so excited. This really brings out the kid in you! Lunch at Johnny Rockets was very good best burger on ship. Enjoyed the park a bit then shopping then back to ship. Had dinner at Chops. Wow! Don't miss this the food was excellent and really romantic atmosphere. Saw the Saturday Night Fever show. The performers were good but the whole idea of a SNF musical production is pretty hokey.

Day 5 at sea: lot of lounging by the pool and eating anything that came near us. Started getting cloudy and then raining so we caught the 3-D movie and took a nice nap. The farewell show was terrific, the juggling act was the best thing we saw on the ship the whole time. Had dinner in the main dining room and really enjoyed the last meal with our table-mates.

Day 6 Disembarkation: had breakfast in MDR again and enjoyed a good half hour relaxing with our coffee and French toast then our number was up. We packed carry on sized bags because it was only a 5 night cruise so we just carried them off. The whole thing took 10 minutes. We were shocked how easy it was. We had a later flight so enjoyed a day at fort lauderdale beach before we had to head to the airport.

This trip was the best possible 1st time cruise for my BF, it was the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation. By the 5th day he was lingering around the RCI office in the promenade ready to book our next cruise! We both had a great time!

Publication Date: 01/16/12