MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Alison Waite

Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 12
See More About: MSC Splendida Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 1.0

Ship Facts: MSC Splendida Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Splendida Deck Plans
A very pleasant cruise, definately go again
After making the decision there and then at the travel agents, and booking this cruise i was initially thrilled and excited, about spending Christmas away on the mediterranean.

Having spent Christmas on a cruise ship two years ago with my children 15 & 13 at the time on the royal caribbean .

When i got home i decided to do a cruise review on the ship ( something that i normally do before i book ) !

Needless to say my initial reaction upon reading the reviews was " what have I done " ?? I couldnt think of anything apart from, how i could get out of it or what is my husband going to say !.

Needless to say I worried unnecessary .

We flew from Heathrow to Milan christmas eve, transfered to Genoa port ( downside:- 2 hours away ! ) boarded the ship all with not a single hickup!.

The ship was beautiful , clean , and the staff very friendly. We had a family suite ( which we were lucky to get ! ) deck 9 at the front of the ship ( downside:- rather noisy when docking !! ) our room was plenty big enough for us, the main room was very roomy and the children 15 & 17 slept in the living area, on a sofa bed and a mattress. we had a walk in wardrobe area and into the bathroom , with shower and bath.

The rooms were kept very clean ( downside:- no towel sculpture on the beds at night time !! ) people who have cruised before will know that it kind of makes you smile.

The main dining food was VERY good , hot and the variety was good. The buffet was " different !" Breakfast, lunch , afternoon tea was excellent but the main evening meal in Bora Bora buffett was of poor quality & limited burgers, hot dog , chips, pizza, pasta. I think they aim to get most people to go formal dining, which obviously cuts down on alot of waste! .

We got our children teencards a card that had 50 euro on that they could spend on anything except alcohol, buying the card gave them 60 euro's they struggled to spend the money in the week and no refunds so we found ourselves trying to buy something in the shops on the last evening to use the money up.

The evening shows are very good and the performers do a fantastic job, apart from the magician who was quite fankly rubbish !! We didnt use the kids club for obvious reason's ! being my children are older. My son and I enjoyed the squash court that the ship has on board but be warned get your name down early! overall i would most definitely use this cruise line again. If you have been on Royal caribbean the ship is not so open and doesnt have the inside promenade quite honestly i think this ship was alittle more personal. Dont believe all the bad reviews this is a magnificent cruise line , with polite and helpful staff on what is am amazing ship. Enjoy

Publication Date: 01/16/12