Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by CruiserfromCalifornia: Really Shocked with the Low-Quality Experience
Overall Member Rating
Really Shocked with the Low-Quality Experience
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Ship (Dawn) was a dump..
1. Cabin - broken fixtures in the tub and sink, cabin service was very spotty - soap / toilet paper would run out without being refilled. Size - was OK - Jr. Suite. Toilet room smelled of urine constantly.
2. Food on board - garbage except for Cagney's the steakhouse ($25 / head) at least it looked like they cooked it fresh. AVOID Bamboo...three hour dinner for basically "Pick Up Stix" quality. Looked like much of it came out of a box from Costco. 4 hours after eating, roommate got severe nausea and vomited all night followed by diarrhea.
Breakfast buffet was fine - I'm not the buffet type, however after that meal - food deteriorated until after 10:00 when it was pretty much was left to stale leftovers, bad selection, and potentially sitting out all day. Not great.
Dining rooms were poor - same thing on the menu most nights. Poorly dressed people in flip-flops and tank tops - no water refills.
3. Service/crew - More the worst upsellers I have ever experienced. The only time the crew staff was nice was when they were upselling crap. It was terrible - the cruise bill was the worst I have ever had due to everything costing more. Not sunny dispositions - generally boring. Pool/towel attendant was a joke - should be fired. Never smiled - even when they ran out of pool towels on multiple days of the cruise. Was just rude.
The strangest muster drill I have ever experienced. Crew made us stand outside in a line 10 people deep - shoulder to shoulder to simulate the life boat experience - while they translated the muster drill and life vest instructions in 7 languages...took about 20 mins - very uncomfortable and definitely nothing I have ever experienced.
4. Pool - horrible - only one jammed with about 200 children. Pool showers never worked all week - meaning nobody could shower before or after they left the salt-water pool.
5. Spa - very cheap. Robes were tattered and stained - literally almost uncomfortable to wear. Female staff walking in and out of the mens changing/locker room and laughing. Showers were "fee-based". You had to pay to use them or any of the sauna/steam rooms.
More stupid stuff...allowed glass bottles around the pool - so of course, somebody broke a bottle in the pool and they closed it all day.
Used duct tape on many signs in the main foyer to cover up rooms that were no longer open / just really looked cheap.
There wasn't a single living plant on the ship - just dusty silk/plastic ones. Looked really cheap as well.
If you want cheap/casual - go on Carnival. NCL is not an option I would ever consider again. Less
Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>
Cabin review: MA Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin - Jr. suite size was fine. However, there were broken fixtures in the tub and sink, cabin service was very spotty - soap / toilet paper would run out without being refilled. Toilet room smelled of urine constantly.Read All Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony (MA) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
My 20th Cruise and One of the ...
The Great Escape
The Freedom of the Seas ROCKS!...
An Amazing Week on the Dawn
Do this cruise if you can.
Cruising on Norwegian Dawn was...