Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by sargeant: NCL Pearl - good and not so good

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

NCL Pearl - good and not so good

Sail Date: December 2011

We sailed on the Pearl 18th December. I had travelled on the Pear 3 years earlier and absolutely loved everything about the trip. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed this time around.

The Pearl is looking a little tired now and is in need of a revamp. Both Decor wise and also the Entertainment. The decor has simply dated over the years and definitely needs to be refreshed. I was surprised to find that although I know the ship is clean it felt a little grubby.

Now for the entertainment. I hardly know where to start it was so bad. We were bored to tears every night. The Cruise Director, and English guy called Matt, has now gone to the Epic and I feel sorry for them. The singing and dancing was amateur at best one of the lead girls could sing but couldn't dance and the other girl could dance but couldn't sing. We had a juggler who was the most dour entertainer I've ever had the misfortune to encounter, and he could barely juggle! He could manage two More items but struggled with three and then there was this big build up to him balancing a TV on his head while he juggled...emmm he did it in the dark so I still don't know whether he managed it or not. Anyone between the ages of 18 to 60 were left with basically no entertainment....unless Frankie Valli (who??) is your thing. There was a tribute band called 'oh what a night' - which we're my sentiments exactly.

The ports were mainly good. Great Stirrup Cay should be taken off NCLs itinerary as it is basically a construction site. If you want to lie in the sun while the construction guys are plastering a building behind you? or digging a site, or driving around on the four wheel drives, well then you'll love GSC so.

As usual the staff and crew were super, the food was very good and as far as we were concerned we enjoyed the trip overall. Will I travel with NCL again? Well I'm not sure that we will, maybe we'll try the new ship. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 11084

Balcony Stateroom 11084. There seems to be a water system above this cabin. You will hear water swishing around all night (a bit unnerving on a ship!). And frequently hear LOUD flushing sounds through the day and night.

(4)
Lovely people (you will not be hassled), they will make an offer and you can decline and move on, they are very courteous. Beautiful beaches and sea, worth driving where they don't want the tourists if you want to see the true Cozumel. Wonderful island.
Read 1069 Reviews

Another beautiful island where you can roam freely and feel very safe. Lovely beaches and sea and very relaxing. Nice taxi drivers and locals are very friendly.

Ochos Rios is a filthy port. The residents should be ashamed of it. Someone should get out with a garbage bag and pick up some of the garbage! You will be hassled by taxi drivers and other people and you will not feel safe here.