Carnival Magic Cruise Review by SuziQ13: Too much

Overall Member Rating

Too much

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

This honeymoon cruise was a first for my husband and 3rd for me. I picked Magic for it's size and "newness". How silly of me thinking that a bigger ship meant more room. No, you just get to stuff more people inside. You had to leave 20 minutes early, at least, for any activity you wanted to participate in. Then, you have to stand in line. We missed a couple events because the venue was full.

Gone are the days when the hot tub was just for adults. Parents crammed kids in for a make do kiddy pool. They were kept so tepid, it wasn't a problem for scalding. Let's also turn up the volume on EVERY venue of music to somehow cover up the lameness of the show. A JUGGLER??????!!!!!!

The employees seemed tired and rushed. (no wonder) Although, pleasant.

We stayed on the spa deck. We had brought 2 small fans with us because we like the noise and air movement. THANK GOODNESS! It stayed hot in our room the entire time, even with a complaint to guest More services. I felt it would be more for adults. Didn't seem to make a difference with the noise & constant slamming doors. The spa jacuzzi was WONDERFUL.

You always hear of people gaining weight on cruises. For the Magic, I can only imagine gaining weight from the food is because you are filling up to try to find some TASTE. Bland would be an improvement. I lived on ice cream and baked potatoes.

I hope to cruise in the future, but this trip really left me with a bad taste in my mouth. (literally!) I know I will choose more carefully next time. Or, maybe not a cruise at all since I have observed cruising is more and more becoming a kid camp. I am only 49 years old and have to choose very wisely on how to spend my vacation dollars. Never in a million years when I was a young parent would a cruise been on my list of available vacations!! In closing: Magic was a disappointment. Bigger does not mean better. Read reviews and choose carefully. Less

Published 01/14/12

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 8S Spa Balcony

Nice, clean, roomy, but HOT.

Read All Spa Balcony (8S) Reviews >>

Unfortunately, it is too small to handle the masses.

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2012
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X