Carnival Magic Cruise Review by SuziQ13

Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8S

Too much
This honeymoon cruise was a first for my husband and 3rd for me. I picked Magic for it's size and "newness". How silly of me thinking that a bigger ship meant more room. No, you just get to stuff more people inside. You had to leave 20 minutes early, at least, for any activity you wanted to participate in. Then, you have to stand in line. We missed a couple events because the venue was full.

Gone are the days when the hot tub was just for adults. Parents crammed kids in for a make do kiddy pool. They were kept so tepid, it wasn't a problem for scalding. Let's also turn up the volume on EVERY venue of music to somehow cover up the lameness of the show. A JUGGLER??????!!!!!!

The employees seemed tired and rushed. (no wonder) Although, pleasant.

We stayed on the spa deck. We had brought 2 small fans with us because we like the noise and air movement. THANK GOODNESS! It stayed hot in our room the entire time, even with a complaint to guest services. I felt it would be more for adults. Didn't seem to make a difference with the noise & constant slamming doors. The spa jacuzzi was WONDERFUL.

You always hear of people gaining weight on cruises. For the Magic, I can only imagine gaining weight from the food is because you are filling up to try to find some TASTE. Bland would be an improvement. I lived on ice cream and baked potatoes.

I hope to cruise in the future, but this trip really left me with a bad taste in my mouth. (literally!) I know I will choose more carefully next time. Or, maybe not a cruise at all since I have observed cruising is more and more becoming a kid camp. I am only 49 years old and have to choose very wisely on how to spend my vacation dollars. Never in a million years when I was a young parent would a cruise been on my list of available vacations!!

In closing: Magic was a disappointment. Bigger does not mean better. Read reviews and choose carefully.

Publication Date: 01/14/12