Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Mr & Mrs R,N,Briggs: Disapointment with Cunards Queen Elizabeth

Mr & Mrs R,N,Briggs
0 Post

Compare Prices on Queen Elizabeth Canary Islands Cruises

Disapointment with Cunards Queen Elizabeth

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

Voyage Number Q201 Queen Elizabeth Dec 20Th 2011 to Jan 5Th 2012,A Christmas and New Years Cruise,
Main complaint about this cruise was the LOW very LOW standard of so called entertainment.My age is 79 80 in AUG 2012.wife Margaret 75.

iT TOOK 10 DAYS YES 10 DAYS BEFORE WE GOT A LAUGH,THEY THRN MANAGED TO GET MICK MILLER WHO USED TO BE ON TV WITH THE COMEDIANS,THE THEATRE WAS IN UPROAR THEY LOVED HIM..
One night we had two 25 minutes of The Odd Couple.the Planet Spirit,we wondered what we were looking at,quite a lot of guests walked out.
Another night,Introduction of entertainment staff,after 10 minutes we were left there nothing else happened,
We had a horrid Welsh singer,we had violin scratching,OK for one night BUT not for two.
Ships pantomime,stage props consisted of one settee,one armchair.
Ships dancers came on one night,good dancing BUT stage props consisted of something for the dancer to cock their legs on and ond held a sword really More pathetic.

Communion service,Priest had to ask for a pianist,also someone to help with the chalice.

Ship had NO HAIR SPRAY FOR SALE IN THE SHOP OR IN THE spar,WIFE BOUGHT SOME IN Madeira PRICE EURO 18,

NO SHOWER CAPS ON THE SHIP.
Britannia restaurant poor menu,foreign gentleman keep looking at me saying poor.Lido restaurant self service good BUT would be difficult on a round the world cruise..

I have written to Mr Peter Shanks president of CUNARD UK Hope I get a reply,

The entertainment director on board was a AMANDA REID I dare not repeat what was said about her.I did wite out a complaint and about two days later she spoke to me on the phone,but no face to face contact ALL she could talk about was how wonderful thing were going to get,they didn't.
Singer on stage informing us she was a grandmother,so was 80% of the guests.
Entertainment staff would all the time praise each other up.
IT WAS THE WORST ENTERTAINMENT WE HAVE EVER HAD.P&O wonderful shows,beautiful costumes.

This cruise was not value for money.I really think Cunard knew they had a boat load of pensioners and give them everything CHEAP.it was a great disappointment to us.
Almost got run over with a heavy man in a motorised wheelchair coming out f the Internet centre at full speed,remember people have been killed by these thins at speeds of 8 MPH.Almost crushed in the lift by an elderly lady who had little or no control of her wheel chair..

Shows at night,information about the use of cameras and video was mentioned 4 times,almost every show there was flashing cameras.

I could go on BUT TO CONCLUD WE BOTH WERE VERY DISAPOINTED WITH QUEEN ELIZEBTH Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>