Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Wendy Jennison: Thomson Dream

0 Post

Thomson Dream

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Other

This is the worst holiday I have ever taken.
We we delayed at Birmingham for 24hrs, after hanging around for over 5hrs we were transfered to a hotel. ~We were given a room in the basement but the lift was out of order. We had to drag our luggage down a flight of stairs and back up again next morning, no one available to help. My partner and I are both in our middle 70s and this caused up much distress. We were taken to the airport on day two at 5am and given a £5 voucher for breakfast???? We finally boarded our plane which was due to depart at 8am to the 2nd port of call as the ship had sailed the previous day. After sitting on the plane for quite some time we were told that we had insuffient fuel for the journey, two and half hour later we finally set off on a journey that took 10 hrs. We were on that plane for twelve and half hours. This was unforgivable Thomson knew that we were delayed and yet could not get us a plane with enough fuel 24 hrs later. By this time all the More passengers were really stressed and tired. We were give an room in a hotel in Curacao, our room was ok but some passengers were in a annexe and complained of damp, mould and having insect bites.
We finally boarded the ship at 2.30pm on 20th Dec. having been delayed nearly 53 hours.
Well we thought when we got aboard, "This is Christmas" so now everything should be ok.
When we went to the buffet for a meal I was so disapointed with the choice of food, I have never seen such a poor variety, the hot food was only two or three choices at each meal, it was boring, bland and most of the time not cooked very well. The sweet table consisted of 2 cakes, 1 steamed pudding, a little fruit and pancakes and for diets 1 sugar free cake. It was not as good as food in a 3* Greek hotel!! The waiter service restuarant was not much better, service was very slow and portions were minimal. On New Years Eve it took our table of 6 two and half hours to get served and finish our meal, apparently our waiter was also serving the Captains table and the poor guy was going round in circles and getting our choices wrong.
~Christmas Day was non exsistant, nothing was happening on board, you were lucky if you got a sunbed or even a chair, there was not enough to go around and passengers were putting towels on the beds and some were not even used that day. The staff did nothing about this.
Seating in all of the lounges in the evening was taken by people saving seats and going to dinner in relays. The entertainment in these lounges was "rubbish" and the main theatre was not much better, boring just a team of singers and dancers going through the motions. No wonder the ship put on a couple of films on the cabin television each day.
The atmoshere on the ship was getting worse each day, there were lots of complaints about air conditioning which was very poor, the main swimming pool was not operational until half way through the holday, too many complaints for me to list.
This holiday was a nightmare and I will never book with Thomson again, having got home I am now hearing of lots of complaints from people who have been on this ship just wish I knew before. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 5110

Reasonable cabins, not a bad size.

Good trip to Panama Canal

Awful trip, not worth the money but got 25% refund!!