Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by sherribug

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by sherribug
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: sherribug
Cruise Date: January 2012
Cabin Category: E1
Entertainment 5+

Cozumel in January
I've sailed many times in Nov. and Dec. with gorgeous summer like weather. Decided to try an early January cruise and was not sure what to expect weather wise. My advice would be to dress in layers. We left out with fair weather that had a slight chill to it and when the wind blew you felt the cold. In Cozumel, the weather was really nice! Not too hot and not too cold, kind of early fall weather. I noticed water activities were still very popular on board the ship and in Cozumel.

When we arrived back to Ft. Lauderdale, the cold snap was gone and it felt like a beautiful summer day and the next group sailing would be seeing weather more Caribbean like. The cruise itself was a royal experience as always! Keep in mind the following and it will not damper your experience. I use AT&T had forwarded all calls directly to our home landline. My family put their smartphone on wi-fi mode to access music and games. We have not incurred any data charges thus far. We purchased an internet package. Be prepared for slow internet speed with cost at $.55 to $.65 a minute.

Embarking process took about an hour, and disembarking seem to take forever! We were to report to our area by 9:30 and it was 12:00 before we got to immigration. Be prepared to stand in line for over an hour. These were the only complaints I heard from anyone!

Cabins 8300 and 8302 are connecting cabins located in the middle of the ship. They are very roomy for two people. There is a balcony separator that can be opened if the ship captain permits. The rooms were across from service doors for the crew. However, these were the quietest rooms until the last night when luggage was being collected by the crew. We heard a lot of bumps that last night. However, we loved the rooms so much, I would book them again! Being midship, we did not have a lot of hall traffic noise.

My son and husband enjoyed the ATV excursion in Cozumel while my daughter and I loved the historical tour by bus around the island. We ate at a lovely resturant in San Miguel called Rancho and it was delicious! We came back so spoiled by the crew that my family is finding it hard to do for ourselves. Can't wait to book the next one!

Publication Date: 01/14/12