Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Jan Hull: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We just returned from our cruise on Carnival Glory Feb. 26th. We were supposed to go to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Marten. On our stop in Nassau, they announced that the ship had propulsion problems and diverted us to Freeport and Key West. We were all upset as we had planned this vacation for a year. If I wanted to go to Key West, I could have drove there. Freeport was horrible and looked like a war zone. I would not recommend anyone visiting Freeport.

We realize that the captain has the right to change ports for the safety of the passengers. I expect that if we are heading into a storm or hurricane. However, this was a ship problem. We overheard the ships shopping expert tell employees in Del Sol that she would see them Sunday. So we knew that nothing was majorly wrong with the ship. A tiny dingy met the ship just outside Miami to pick up a part. We were fixed in no time after that.

Carnival flys entertainers into different ports to get on board to entertain us. More Why couldn't they fly the part to Nassau to fix us. We were in Nassau until 8:30pm. We were supposed to leave at 2:00pm. They gave us $100 per person on our sail and sign card that we had to spend on the ship. WHAT AN INSULT! I will not travel with Carnival or any of its subsidiaries again unless a substantial refund or voucher is given for this trip. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>