Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by decemberbabycruiser: Not the best experience

decemberbabycruiser
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Not the best experience

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

I was expecting more from Royal Caribbean. Wasn't overly impressed with The Enchantment of the Seas. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 3580

Our bed was very uncomfortable. We were surprised to learn that they actually sell the mattress and bedding. Our room steward Rodney was just okay. I wasn't impressed that at the end of the trip he asked me to please fill out the survey with excellent rating so that he wouldn't get his hours reduced. The room was not cleaned that well. Their were toiletries left from a previous guest in one of the cupboards. When he took down our son's bunk bed the first night it had dirty sheets still on it and a big long strand of hair hanging down. My husband usually ended wiping down our table tops in the main room as they were obviously missed. One day we returned to our room to find it slightly ajar. When we went to find him a few rooms down to ask him if he was finished in our room as our door was open, he made out that he was just coming back to check that everything was done. He said he knew that he'd left our room open. There were a few other times that he seemed to be lying through his teeth. The food was somewhat disappointing. It was just okay. We were looking forward to the lobster and shrimp night and were surprised by how small the shrimp were. My mom had ordered a birthday cake for my husband. It was disgusting! We had a good chuckle about the way it looked with the other guests at our table. Would expect that a birthday cake would be tasty. This one looked like cardboard. The food on Carnival cruise lines is much better. Our wait staff did do a good job though. I was impressed that the head waiter also came around regularly to check that everything was okay. One evening my husband didn't join us for dinner and the head waiter made sure that I ordered something to take back to the room for him. The next day he was sure to ask my husband if he was feeling better. I would recommend eating all meals in the dining room. It is next to impossible to find a table to eat at in the Wind Jammer Buffet. They have flavoured water, unsweetened ice tea, and coffee available all day long (often difficult to find glasses, cups, plates, bowls and utensils up at the Wind Jammer). I enjoy the theatre and go regularly. However I wasn't all that impressed with the shows on the Enchantment of the Seas. There is one show called "Can't Stop the Rock" which I think should be renamed "Can't Stop the Ballads". It did not seem very upbeat or "rock" like. My son who absolutely loved all of the shows on both Carnival Cruise lines asked if we could leave during that show. It was pretty boring. That being said, our table mates from dinner did enjoy that show. I'm not a big fan of magic shows but the magician on board did put on a very entertaining show. I would recommend that show. My husband went to both late night comics and had a few laughs. Our 7 year old did enjoy the kids club. The staff their were very good. The 6-8 year old age group were constantly being changed from one location to the other which made pick up and drop off a bit confusing but the two locations were close by. I can't say I'd rush to book another cruise with Royal Caribbean. I thought it was supposed to be a better class of ship than Carnival cruise lines. If it's not too late - switch to a different cruise line. If it is, hope your experience is better than ours. Sorry to sound so negative. I'm usually a very optimistic person and find the positive in most situations. Unfortunately this isn't one of those times.

Weather was awful! Had to spend two days in Nassau as our Coco Cay port was cancelled. Most excursions were cancelled on the first day in Nassau. I only wished they had cancelled them for the second day. Our snorkelling trip was awful. I can't believe they would allow the tour to proceed given the frigid water. Everyone who braved the waters came out with blue lips. The ride back to shore was miserable. All the free rum punch you could ask for did not make amends. This tour should have been cancelled. When we got back to shore some woman put a "free" necklace on my seven year old before we had a chance to object and then asked us for a small donation. We didn't bring any money with us and after explaining that we just came to do the snorkelling tour, she actually took the necklace off of our son's neck and started rushing away to put it on some other person's neck. The poor kid couldn't believe it and got very upset. I went back over to tell her how mean / awful / rude what she just did was. Our son started to cry and then she was looking around and saw that other people were taking notice so decided to give the necklace back.
Read 2631 Nassau Reviews

Unfortunately we had to spend most of this day taking care of medical insurance. Our son loved the Dinosaur Store / Museum though.