Carnival Legend Cruise Review by BADUNCLEDAVE

Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 4A

Carnival Legend still has plenty of (Spirit) Class
This was my second time on Carnival Legend and the third time to take this same itinerary with CCL.

All good! You absolutely can't go wrong on this choice. This was my first cruise (out of 12) in an inside cabin. I have been in every other room up to Jr. Suite. I was amazed how positive the experience was for me. YOU SLEEP GREAT! No light to contend with. Interesting how I was more frustrated in a Window Room than an Inside room. The Window Room for me was a constant reminder that I was not in a Balcony Cabin. Go figure.

We were squeezed out of the Grand Cayman port by bad weather. Since I have been there multiple times, it was not a big deal for me. For me, getting back to Belize to do Cave Tubing was the ultimate highlight. Fully recommend: Cave-Tubing.com. Butts up to them as always. They all are wonderful and take care of their customers.

Cruise Director Wee-Jimmy was acceptable. No reason to rate him over average. Assistant Director promising as a future Director.

Rest of the staff on this boat is minimally above average. Kudo's to the Director to of the Main Dining Room and his staff. He credited them as his favorite over the years and many ships. No reason to doubt him on this one.

John the 67 year old multiple purpose entertainers /singers was a lot of fun and should easily get Kudo's from me. In addition, Karaoke coordinator was very good though do not remember his name.

Again. all good.

Last footnote: Carnival needed to WIN me back after 5 previous cruises. Carnival Victory was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE for me last summer and almost vowed to never go back again. Thought it was or may be time to upgrade to RCL (2 previous cruises). The Carnival Spirit Class is still amazing to me. Hope to get back on Miracle at some point and the Spirit is the only Spirit Class boat I have not been on and look forward to cruising on in the future. Glad to be back to loving Carnival for cruising,

Publication Date: 01/13/12