Adonia Cruise Review by micradot: Adonia Christmas and New Year Cruise Dec 2011/Jan2012

micradot
0 Post

Adonia Christmas and New Year Cruise Dec 2011/Jan2012

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Other

ENBARKATION - Chaotic at Manchester Airport due to lack of overhead locker space, resulting in plane taking off late. Long lines for check-in at Athens. Three hour check in at Manchester Airport meant leaving home at 3 a.m. The last thing we needed was long check in time at Athens.

DISEMBARKATION - We were required to be out of our cabin for 8 a.m. in time for a 1.30 p.m. flight to Manchester. 6.30 a.m. breakfast.
Our tansfer coaches were parked in a holding area for over 50 minutes due to inadequate check in facilities at Naples Airport.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE - cabin was well furnished with good cabin service.
Food was good with excellent waitersrvice. Why was there no hand sanitzer gel
outside the Pacific restuarant when entering for the evening meal?

Conservatory - Food was good in the buffet restuarant with good service.
However, Hygiene standards left a lot to be desired. I persosnally observed people wandering into the buffet area More without using the hand gel. Staff were adjacent to the door but did not ask people to use gel.

CURZON LOUNGE - Public space was limited on the Adonia and the Curzon lounge was the venue for the cinema, talks, classical concert, production shows and dancing. We felt coralled into a space which was totally inadquate due to wastful seating arrangements and lack of a raked floor.
Why are there two speciality paying restuarants on a small ship. One of these restuarants should be utilized as a community room for after dinner speakers etc. Entertainment both during the day and evening was mediocre and boring.

We received a notice advising us to wash hands in order to prevent Noro Virus.
P & O also advised that toilet facilities in some port locations were basic and not to UK standards. I was appalled that P & O did not provide hand sanitizing gel for passengers returning to the ship after visiting Israel, Turkey and other ports of call.

My husband contracted acute Gastro Enteritis (Noro Virus) resulting in him being isolated in his cabin for 24 hours. He missed out on the Gold Lunch and the Pertunus club party. To add insult to injury when he reported his condition to the medical centre it cost him £31. I spoke to a numbe of people who did not report their condition and others who said they would not report this condition. A very bad policy P & O. In my opinion you contributed to my husbands condition.

I contracted a cold/chesty cough virus whilst on board resulting in a visit to the medical centre and being prescribed three lots of medication inclduing Antibiotics. Again I believe P & O should bear some responsibility for my condition. I would say one person out of three had similar symptons to mine.
Both the Noro Virus and the Cold Virus appeared to be rife on board this ship.
The ship was being talked about as a 'DIRTY SHIP' and one of the reasons it was going into dry dock was because it required a 'DEEP CLEAN before sailing to the US as it would not meet the high standards of hygiene required by US Port Sanitation Inspectors. These were of course only rumours but it hightlighted the dissatisfaction and concerns of passengers.

I spoke to one lady who had cruised 27 times with P & O and this was the worst cruise ever. There was a general feeling that P & O had badly let people down.
Many many loyal P&O passengers felt dreadfully let down and the general talk was that standards had fallen drastically. Not a happy ship and certainly not a happy cruise experience.

All in all a big big disapointment and wast of money. Less

Read more Adonia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adonia Review >>

Cabin review: Adonia B017

Balcony cabin - Deck 7.Very small shower and WC facility. Otherwise adequate wth good cabin service. But, leaky, draughty sliding balcony doors howled during windy weather and had to be sealed up with Duck Tape

Ephesus, well worth a visit
Read 361 Kusadasi Reviews

Lot of building/construction on the seafront - very dusty/dirty

Gradually being improved.