Disney Wonder Cruise Review by betsy918: Loved it!!!!

betsy918

Loved it!!!!

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Our family of 3 took our first ever cruise on The Disney Wonder Christmas cruise, and we're so glad we did! This was truly the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on, and had something for everyone.

First let me say that the embarkation process in San Pedro was a breeze. We anxiously arrived hours earlier than our scheduled check in time, but were allowed to check in as soon as we got there. We enjoyed conversations with our fellow cruisers until we were allowed to board at noon. They announce each family by name as you enter onto the ship, which was a nice touch. After having lunch and exploring the ship, the cabins were ready at around 2:00. I was worried that I would be disappointed in our ocean view deck 2 cabin, but I loved it so much that I've already rebooked it and this cruise for February.It had a huge round porthole window that was about 15 feet above the water line, and was located midship. We loved staring out at out water view everyday. There was plenty of More space on deck four if I wanted to sit in a lounger and watch the view, so I don't feel we missed out by saving money by not booking a veranda. The room was plenty big enough with lots of storage and was easy to get to everywhere on the ship from.

The only disappointment on the ship was the food, it ranged from fair to good, but nothing great. The service, on the other hand, made up for it. Our dining servers made our dinner so enjoyable each night that the quality of the food didn't seem like such a big deal.

Lots of character experiences, though you usually had to be willing to put up with anywhere from 10-30 minutes waiting for your photo opportunity. We're used to this from the parks. The ship itself was completely booked for the holiday, but never felt crowded.

I can't recommend this cruise highly enough if you are a Disney fan and/or are travelling with kids. We rebooked immediately, and can't ait to go again! Less

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Wonder Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck Two 2582

Plenty of space, great big port hole right next to convertible sofa which made watching the view easy. Perfect size for our family of three. Midship and pretty near the elevators. Easy walk up stairs to atrium and restaurants. We've already booked it again.

This was the easiest port to just walk around in on your own. We went whale watching, which was fun, but next time I think we'll just explore by ourselves.

Booked a resort experience, and did not care for it at all as it was too small to accomodate the number of people there. Disney actually refunded us for this one due to the number of complaints.

Paradise Resort and Beach:Fabulous pool and beach, great buffet lunch.