Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by ladygmp

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by ladygmp
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: ladygmp
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Enchantment of the Seas New Year Cruise
Checking in the Baltimore Port was speedy and pleasant. When we did the evacuation drill, the captain was reading from last weeks itinerary. The ship smells bad. For example: the sewage system seemed backed up because there was a fowl smell and green floating things were always in the toilet. The room size is alright, the stateroom attendant was excellent. Other than the bad toilet smell, the room was kept very clean by the stateroom attendant.

The My Time Dining was very inconvenient, we found ourselves only using My Time Dining twice in the seven days. Our My Time Dining was 8:30pm (which I felt was very late, and the other choice is 5:30 which is very early. I think 6pm and 7pm would be best.) It's weird how you have three different wait staff and not just one waiter. Therefore you are obligated to tip three different people for the job that one person could do very easily. For example: Our assistant waiter gave us a menu, then later our main waiter came and gave us a different menu and was wondering how we got the wrong menu? Our main waiter asked if we wanted pepper, then later our assistant waiter came to ask the same thing. It wasn't a big deal, but all the confusion could be avoided if we just had one main waiter. The head waiter just drops by to ask you how you're doing. I feel my time dining was not successful and needs a lot of improvement. They should have named it "My Inconvenient Dining" instead.

The food was only mediocre, to me, most of it tasted like air plane food. We did have one good meal at My Time Dining on New Years day. We had duck and fillet of beef. The meat was very tender and the sauce was perfect. Other than the one meal, everything else was only mediocre. A lot of the food repeated itself in the Windjammer Cafe. You saw the same basic rice, Indian/curry food, sandwiches/sub, hot dog and hamburger, same salad choice, and the same dessert every night. The food was very bland and not tasty. Most of the food seemed over cooked and dry. The food did not taste freshly prepared. As far as eating what ever you want, when ever you want, this ship was very inconvenient. For example: The windjammer Cafe opened at 6:30pm and closed at 9pm. We were usually ready to eat by 6pm and found ourselves having to wait. In NCL, whatever time you were ready to eat, you would at least find one or two cafes ready to serve you. On Enchantment of the Seas, you are limited to their schedule. The free drink choice were very good. Choices included, water, coffee, variety of teas, some juices, and cool aid type drinks. The wait staff in Windjammers was excellent. For example: after we got our food & sat down, a waiter would ask if we needed a drink. They also didn't take long to pick up your plate after we were done eating. They also kept the cafe clean. The wait staff pretty much had the place running like clock work. The chef & assistant chef came out at one point to serve chocolate cover strawberries. That was an unexpected treat and a very nice way of saying thank you for dining with us.

THE WORSE EXPERIENCE is the Atlantis tour excursion in Nassau. The tour description says 2.5 hour. We thought 2.5 hour to look around but it really said 2.5 hour total time. So, it really meant, 1.5 hour to look around. This tour was expensive, it was $59 a person. $59 a person for 1.5 hours to look around is definitely not worth it. The tour started at 1:30pm-4pm. We meet everyone in our group at 1:30, then when they started to put us on the bus. We got separated from our group because they ran out of room on the small bus. We got on the next bus with another couple from our ship and was told that we had to wait until the next tour group came because they wanted to fill the bus. This took an additional 15 minutes until the bus was full. The next group tour that came was from NCL and they were running on a different scheduled time than us. When we finally got to Atlantis hotel/aquarium, we got off and it took about another 15 minutes to actually start the tour. Then we were told the last bus that would take us back was at 3pm. It was already 2pm. So now we only had 1 hour to look around. The tour was so rushed, but yet our tour wasn't even completed when we had to head back on our own to catch the last bus. We had a terrible time. Do not take the Discover Atlantis tour, it is a total rip off.

The weather was very bad in Nassau and our captain told us we would be staying in Nassau an additional night and skip our last port of call which is Coco-cay (Royal Caribbean's Private Island). Which is a complete bummer because this is the highlight of the cruise. But our safety comes first, and if the captain doesn't feel it is safe to go, it's understandable. So, therefore since we won't be able to go to our last port of call, you would expect the activities in the ship has to be awesome to satisfy everyone from the disappointment. It did not feel that way at all. The activities were the same basic stuff. I felt since we can't go to the last port of call, the cruise director should have stepped up and made the stay on the ship super fun by adding a lot more activities. Or add some kind of apology. For example: If I was the cruise director I may send a simple apology letter along with chocolate cover strawberry or maybe a few free bingo games that gave out cruise mugs and T-shirts. I'm not expecting them to break their bank but just something small and fun to show that they sympathize with our disappointment. I just felt like they didn't really care if we were happy or not.

Publication Date: 01/12/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by ladygmp
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews