“Not Adequate”

Sailor65
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating
The Concordia (Costa) is a nice enough ship. As on all lines, the staff was pleasant, the ports were charming and fun to experience. It was the moment to get away from the daily work hustle and bustle to be with the lady I have loved for 40 years. My absolute disappointment started with the on board internet system. Slow is normal for most cruise lines (obviously because of the profit margin), but this system went lower than bad. In the middle of emails or lengthy responses the internet would shut down. Half my emails did not go out. One continuous confrontation with a non breathing cheap system that wasted my time, prevented touring (missed tour) and enjoying why we went on the cruise. When explained to the front desk, they did not care. The solution, that we have done on every cruise, is an internet cafe at the port of call with skype. Our cabin balcony door had wind whistling that required towels to be put in it to be able to sleep. Never fixed. The toilet that refused to flush reminded me of an obstinate child. Though the different meals had a variety of good potential ingredients, the chef went out of his way to insure it was bland and very tasteless. Iceberg lettuce was the best they could do for a salad. We know from previous land trips to Italy that the Italians know great food preparation. The few days before and after the cruise on land was once again a culinary delight. Our suite had a conscientious "butler". Nice guy, but work load overwhelmed. The rooms were always clean by the lady assistant. Always an upside. Five of the seven days, he was unable to bring what we ordered for breakfast. They'd bring half saying we'd get the rest later. There were other minor and not pleasant issues. Costa, you treated me like the US Government. You used your force in refusing any sense of fair play. Now it's election time and I am voting not to spend any more time or money with you. More important my wife agrees.
Overall Ratings

Cabin review: Samsara Outside Stateroom

Published 01/11/12
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Concordia Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?