Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by dr.agon: Beautiful but not fun!

dr.agon
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Beautiful but not fun!

Sail Date: January 2012

I'll break it down in some basic catagories...
1 - Getting on board, and finding room - very fast embark( less than 30 min). Hard to find room at first, until a friendly attendent showed us how to use the electronic directory.
2 - The room- lg room for two( we had 4 ). Pull down bunks were nice and comfortable.Good layout, with lcd tv, fridge( NOT COLD), small couch. A/C worked good.Strong shower flow, decent drawer and closet space. Huge round ocean view widow.
3 - The room attendent- very pleasant and hard working. She seemed to be on duty from sun-up to sun-down. Kept up with what we needed, and tolerated our kids well.
4 - The ship- for sure this was a top notch boat.Super clean and well maintained( they were allways cleaning). The promanade was more like mall, which I didn't care for too much. I got tired of walking back and forth.
Not enough restrooms throughout the boat, in fact I found myself continously having to walk long distances to use one. Rock wall, More flowrider, etc. were nice to watch but the lines were too long to wait. Plenty of deck chairs to go around.
5-Food and drinks- Jade and Windjammers were the best they had for free. Endless buffets with huge choices of everything( Golden Coral style, but good quality). Our my time dining food was disapointing. I thought it would be a higher quality than the buffets, but not so. You wait forever for buffet style food.
Chops was really good though! I recommend it, but it comes with a hefty $30 each charge.
Johnny Rockets was awsome! but you loose the deal if you add a $5 shake to the $4.95 charge.
Drinks had virtually no alchohal in them, so be prepared to buy many drinks if you want a buzz( or bring your own).
I recommend to get the soda package! bought it for the kids and not for myself, and I spent more on sodas than the package cost.
6- Entertainment and activities- this is where they get the lowest grade from me. We could never find anything enteresting to to. At first we thought were just missing the activities somehow, but a closer look at the activities line-up revealed that there actually was not much to do.
The karaoke was only in one spot for 2hrs a night( not enough time), and their list of songs was pathetic for such a wonder ship.
The juggler was funnier than the comedian.
Saturday Night Fever was by far the best they had to offer! very professional and entertaining.
7- friendliness of the crew- every other crew member said hello or gave a polite greeting as we passed by. So their crew was well trained to be nice to the guest. I was impressed by the friendly nature of all the workers
8- departure- took less than 1hr from start to finish, so that was a good ending! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3 3260

If you never been there( this was our first time), then it will seem crazy as you pull up.Cars are just pulling in everywhere unloading, and blocking the road. There are no valet parking attendents, so your on your own. I had to drop my family off with the bags, then drive away to the nearby parking garage( about 1/2 mile away), then walk back and try to find my party in all that mess. However once we got in, we were on the boat in less then 1/2 hr. Not too shabby! Leaving was very fast too! about 1hr, which was not bad for thousands of people. All the people at the port were nice and friendly!