Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by mspeiden: New Years Eve Cruise

Overall Member Rating

New Years Eve Cruise

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

WOW They sure do New Years Eve great. We arrived on the boat and it looked great. There was party on the Lido deck at midnite. Done up wonderful. Champagne, hats , blowers, glow sticks. It was awesome.

The cruise was fun.
We did the usual hot tub and bingo. We ate in the Elation every nite. We did the my time dining. I liked it because we didnt have to schedule dinner but one nite we arrived at 8;30. It was a scheduled dinner time and very crowded as the people had 8:30 seating. So they asked us to wait about 10 minutes. No big deal we just made sure we arrived a little later than 8:30 and wre seated right away. The dinner was delicious. I had frog legs, duck liver, quail, and that was just appetizers. For the main course we had lobster tail and steak on New Years Day. Also chateaubriand, veal, pasta, meatloaf all very good. Of course I hit the sushi bar every nite. Desert was great but I would have liked creme brule.For breakfast and lunch I was a little disappointed as More the menu was the same the whole trip.

The entertainment was good. There was 2 comedians who were funny but they played for 2 nites. I like to see a variety of acts. The dance shows were great. It was quiet bumpy for two nites. I found it hard to sleep because that is when I fely the bumpiness the most.

We went to Grand Caymans and went to Hell. Corny I know but we went.
We were going to have a drink at Margaritaville but for us to split a burger and have a drink each it would have been over 50.00 so we made our way back to the ship.

We went to Cozumel and because of the weather any boat excursion was cancelled. I told you it was a bit bumpy. We got a cab and for 20.00 x 4 people we had a tour of the island. We stopped at the beach. I put my toes in the water and we went to the tequilla factory where we tasted and bought tequilla YUMMY.

When we arrived on the boat on New Years Eve we tried to sneak on booze. There was us and another couple. Our booze was in our case but the other couple got caught. I am thinking maybe because our suitcase was locked.When we came back to the boat our tequilla was confiscated but our friends wasnt. Luck of the draw I guess.
I would reccomend this cruise wholeheartedly Less

Published 01/11/12

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X