Ryndam Cruise Review by brownblonde

Ryndam
Member Name: brownblonde
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Ryndam Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ryndam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ryndam Deck Plans
Holiday cruise
Checking in at Tampa and parking the car at a location found on the internet went well, dropped luggage and 2 people off at termial first and then parked car and they returned us to the pier.

Enbarkation went well with not delays. Was able to report to our cabin and about 12:15 headed to the dining room for lunch.

Our first port of call Key West was good, but time there is not very long.

Jamacia is a lovly new port at Falmouth, but not much there, nice shops in the port area. We did a tour by Wentworth Tours, he was nice and very good and took us to the West coast side and stopped for jerk chicken lunch.

Grand Cayman you have to tender, but all went well. Cozelmel we did dock in what I would say is the main part of town. That is good as I saw some ships were about 3 miles from the main area where we were. The dock area is long concrete walk, but for those who can't walk, they have people with 3 wheel bikes that will take you to the street area for I believe tips.

A couple in our party snorked in Grand Cayman and also in Cozelmel and was able to go with private parties on the street. One couple they snorked with was from the ship and they decided on price before getting on the boat at the Cozelmel port.

We made all the stops and the water was calm and beautiful.

Captain made mention that the year before the records showed some ports were missed.

A very large amt. of people were families, but I thought everyone handled themselves nicely and would not be afraid to go at holiday time again.

The ship was really protective on santizing everything, as proior to a couple of sailings there had been a lot sick with virus. Even the main dining room the fellow was there to squirk your hands.

As for food, the lido we did breakfast a few times, I must say I don't usually like go there, but they had plenty of seating and food lines are fairly short.The one thing on the plus is the food is hot, as in the dining room you don't always get very hot food. This is for any meal. The Mariner lunch was sort of a joke. The meal was awful, could have done better for lunch in the dining room as for choices on the menu.

Entertainment for this particul week was no more then the dancers and singers, inter acting different nights Production was nice and costums beautiful. It was a bit to much of the same. Only on soso comdedian and an older guy playing a banjo and few other things.

Ship for the age isn't bad, but not as bright and cheery as some newer ones, and the carpet is getting dull.

I thought the bath room was the best by far in a number of cruises we have had.

Yes, I would go on the Ryndam again, if the ports are what I have interest in seeing.

Publication Date: 01/11/12