Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Omega_Man

Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: BC
Cabin Number: R701
See More About: Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Someone Kill Me Please!
This was my first and last Transatlantic cruise and my last cruise with Princess...

While the ship is beautiful and the crew is the best I have ever seen the overall experience was a nightmare, because...

1) There weren't old people on this cruise, there were old people's parents. While many were nice there were an equal amount that were rude, demanding and obnoxious and it affected my experience.

2) The food was disappointing, a lackluster performance at best. Bland, boring, and obviously geared to the senior sect.

3) Six sea days trapped on a ship with old people sucking any youth I have left.

4) The entertainment on board was plain horrible. We saw two comedians one who clearly got all his jokes off the Internet. The production shows were mediocre at best The one high point was Gareth Oliver from Britain's Got Talent, he was a Ventriloquist a magician a comedian and an overall great entertainer. He was the only one I saw that I would pay to see again.

5) Princess has their own shore excursions, they were all over priced for what you got. Changes to itinerary were made with no notice or offer of compensation.

6) Our cabin was very, very noisy. (R701)Located directly below the Horizon buffet while trying to sleep we could hear the restaurant staff moving carts around as though they were in our room.

7) And the unforgivable sin was they allowed people to smoke cigarettes in the Cigar bar. Cigarettes give off a foul odor due to the chemicals and paper. I'm in there trying to enjoy a $30 Gurkha and the experience was totally ruined, thanks for having your head up your butt Princess!

Now if you're 80, you've found a home on the Ruby Princess...

Publication Date: 01/11/12