Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Omega_Man: Someone Kill Me Please!

Ruby Princess 2
Member Since 2011
96 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Someone Kill Me Please!

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Venice

This was my first and last Transatlantic cruise and my last cruise with Princess...

While the ship is beautiful and the crew is the best I have ever seen the overall experience was a nightmare, because...

1) There weren't old people on this cruise, there were old people's parents. While many were nice there were an equal amount that were rude, demanding and obnoxious and it affected my experience.

2) The food was disappointing, a lackluster performance at best. Bland, boring, and obviously geared to the senior sect.

3) Six sea days trapped on a ship with old people sucking any youth I have left.

4) The entertainment on board was plain horrible. We saw two comedians one who clearly got all his jokes off the Internet. The production shows were mediocre at best The one high point was Gareth Oliver from Britain's Got Talent, he was a Ventriloquist a magician a comedian and an overall great entertainer. He was the only one I saw that I would pay to More see again.

5) Princess has their own shore excursions, they were all over priced for what you got. Changes to itinerary were made with no notice or offer of compensation.

6) Our cabin was very, very noisy. (R701)Located directly below the Horizon buffet while trying to sleep we could hear the restaurant staff moving carts around as though they were in our room.

7) And the unforgivable sin was they allowed people to smoke cigarettes in the Cigar bar. Cigarettes give off a foul odor due to the chemicals and paper. I'm in there trying to enjoy a $30 Gurkha and the experience was totally ruined, thanks for having your head up your butt Princess!

Now if you're 80, you've found a home on the Ruby Princess... Less

Published 01/11/12

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Transatlantic Cruises

Cabin review: BCR701 Balcony

R701. This room is directly below the Horizon Cafe and next to the fire doors, as a result you hear carts all night long as the wait staff moves them and the wheels hit the steel bar on the ground that seal the fire door when it closes. On the other hand you go up one flight and boom you're at the buffet. As a result I can't recommend this room at all, move two or three towards the back and it could be much better.

Read All Balcony (BC) Reviews >>

Thank God we took a private tour, fantastic!
Read 1427 Barcelona Reviews

Ship excursion was horrible, tour guide was the worst ever!
Read 312 Cannes Reviews

If not for a great tour guide this would have received a rating of one.

We did the double decker bus tour, Lisbon was OK and just OK.
Read 535 Lisbon Reviews

Took the hydrofoil to Capri and rented a scooter, magnificent!
Read 1040 Naples Reviews

Ship docked on a Sunday so no Vatican tours were available. The port is almost an hour away from Rome so a lot of time is wasted driving.

One of my all time favorites Venice is amazing!
Read 983 Venice Reviews

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Transatlantic Cruises

Member Since 2011
96 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X