Carnival Magic Cruise Review by granno: Christmas cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Christmas cruise

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

Embarkation and self assist debarkation both went better than any cruise I've ever done - a pleasant surprise with so many passengers. After boarding, our rooms were even ready earlier than usual. The cabins were typical Carnival cabins, although obviously nice and new. I do think, however, that the beds(mattresses) are not what we have had on previous ships. I've always marvelled at the cushy comfort and this one, although okay, did not have that feel of memory foam I recalled. I was thrilled to find individual thermostat controls in our cabin. Overall the ship was not as uncomfortably cold as I have found the Conquest and Ecstacy.

There is a lot to do! The Red Frog Pub is great - great bartenders, domino tables, foosball and air hockey. Great weather on Christmas day for putt putt and people on the ropes course and kids on the basketball court. There are tons of food options on the ship! We went to the Main dining room 3 times (at my daughter's insistence) and More were really turned off by how awfully slow it was. The food was good, but not impressive. On the other hand, we had lunch on the last day at Cucina del Cappitano and it was GREAT!!! ...wish we had known;I'll be there every day on future cruises. Other favorites were the Reuben sandwich at the back of the ship and pizza, of course.

There are internet stations all over the ship. I used my laptop in my cabin and found the connection to be slower than on past cruises. The internet mgr.'s suggestion to keep my door open helped and he even comp'd 10 min.

Our balcony cabin was very close to the elevator and we were very happy with the location - no noise problems and convenient! I was surprised to feel more motion on this ship than the Conquest. Being a bigger ship, I didn't expect any. I'm not usually sensitive to the motion and definitely was bothered resulting dizziness.

We look forward to cruising on the Magic again. Less