Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by daisyberry: Carnival Splendor Not so Splendorful

daisyberry
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera Cruises

Carnival Splendor Not so Splendorful

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

My family of 16 took this Christmas Cruise. We were not impressed.

The ship itself was impressive and our room was in a great location. We were all on different floors. I had a balacony room on the 1oth floor. Very close to the Lido deck. At night you could somtimes here the music coming from the Lido deck, but not to much that you couldn't sleep. The room was nice loved having the couch in the room and the bathroom was a decent size. The housekeeping staff did a fine job keeping the room clean and well stocked. Had to ask for two days to have the min bar opened.

Now lets get to the service on the ship!!! Not impressed at all. It was almost like the staff knew they were getting tips so they didn't go out of their way.
My sister fell getting onto the ship they took her cabin number but not one person called to check and see if she was okay.
Was treated very rudley by one of the guest service staff when we went to him with a concern he said it was our More problem not his. Not what you would expect at all. Not one person on the ship made us feel special or that we mattered alot different then the service you receive on the Princess line.

The people in the dinning room were not very accomodating. We had 16 people in our party and they always gave us a hard time about sitting together. At first they would say they couldn't seat us together (even though when we booked we were told it wouldn't be a problem) always had to argue with them about it. Also everyone in your party had to be present before they would seat you. Even the little kids so that was a bummer for them especially on nights we had to wait 40 mins for a table.

Now the food!!!! Not impressed at all. The food in the dining room was always cold. Sometimes the waiters would bring it up and it would sit 15mins before they served it to you.( Trust me we timed it). Had to ask for your water to be filled not what you would expect from the Dining room.

The food in the buffet was okay not spectacular. Not open 24 hrs, which shocked me since it was 24hrs on the last cruise we went on. The only thing you could get 24 hrs was pizza and room service which was sandwiches. Gets tiring after 8 days. The rotiserie was great one place I would recommend to eat at.

The entertainment I felt was lacking. I would of liked to see there be more things to do. Saw the show VROOM and that was fabulous. The outdoor giant movie screen on the Lido deck was great.

Being a Christmas cruise I thought they would of done more to celebrate Christmas day. There wasn't even anything special in the dining room. Santa did come and visit the kids which was great for them.

My family did some excursions. The pirate ship and the extreme canopy. They had a fabulous time on both. Definitely highlights of the cruise. They would recommend them to anyone.

Spent the day at the beach in Cabo and that was amazing. Had a blast. The water taxi was only $2.00 per person. We spent the whole day there relaxing and drinking in the sun. Loved Cabo. Wasn't to impressed with Las Pas. Wouldn't get off the ship there again.

Overall we had a great time on this cruise being with family, but I wouldn't cruise Carnival Splendor again. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Panorama 1074

My cabin number was 1074. I felt it was in a great location. Near the Lido Deck so sometimes at night you could hear the music coming from the Lido Deck, but it wasn't that noisy. The room itself was great. It felt spacious for the two of us. The bathroom was a decent size. The balcony was very small.