“ Carnival Splendor Cruise to Mexican Riviera12/24/11-1/1/12 ”
Cruise review of Carnival Splendor

Springergirl Carnival Splendor 3 Carnival Splendor Cruise to Mexican Riviera12/24/11-1/1/12
Springergirl
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The Carnival Cruise on the Splendor Mexican Riviera was just fair. I was glad I was on a scooter so my group didn't have to wait in the long line to board. The line was at least 30 to 45 mins of waiting. The ship stopped at Cabo San Lucas than to Puerto Vallarta than back to Cabo with a final stop in La Paz. LA PAZ is NOT A GOOD PORT to stop at. There are very few excursions available and if you do it on your own your choice is a bus to the beach or to town. We went to the beach and there were no available chairs or lounges to sit or lay down on, If you want something to drink you have to walk aways to get it. There are just a few vendors selling shirts, dresses and jewelry etc right after you get off the ship.That port is not prepared for a big ship with over 3500 passengers and IT'S UGLY!!!!!!. They should just stay 2 days in Cabo and 2 days in Puerto Vallarta. They are both lovely ports with a lot to do. The food on the ship is not as good as it use to be. Their fancy deserts are nasty. You put them on your plate and only can stand a taste. The choices of desert in the fancy dining room is poor too. The melting chocolate cake is good but very rich. I ended up getting a dish of chocolate ice cream most nights. All the employees on the ship work hard to keep the ship clean and everyone happy. The room attendants and dining room waiters and helpers are excellent. That will be my last time to cruise during the holidays, too pricey and too many out of controlled kids, running up and down the cabin halls and on the Lido deck at all hours. I do think that using cruise compete.com saved me a lot of money. When I book again I will surely use them. Jason Coleman, the travel agent who was low bid on my cruise was very helpful. Just a helpful hint, if you need to take a wheel chair or scooter on board, book early so you can pick a handicapped room. I hadn't planned on taking my scooter, but I burnt my already bad foot and really was glad I had it in the airports. Don't be afraid to use a scooter or motorized chair at the airport, they make it very easy for you and you can ride it right up to the plane. Being on the scooter I was able to skip the long line to board the ship. Once in the small balcony room we only had room to keep it on the balcony. So I didn't use it during the cruise,( too much work to get it in and out) and you can't use it if you need to take a tender to the port from the ship. Instead I used a cane and limited my walking and rested often.
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D8261
Very small, noisy halls, people talking, kids running. Balcony was nice...Great Views. Barely enough room for 2 people's clothes. BOOK EARLY AND GET HANDICAP ROOM IF YOU TO TAKE WHEEL CHAIR OR SCOOTER. No room in room to store and hard to get through door. I wasn't planning on taking scooter but was able to keep on Balcony. Can hear the singing FROM LOUNGE AND SHOW ROOM. VERY CLOSE TO GLASS ELEVATORS. WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IF NOISE BOTHERS YOU, HANDY FOR 11 CLOSE BY ELEVATORS. I DIDN'T MIND BECAUSE I WAS HAPPY TO BE CLOSE TO THE ELEVATORS DUE TO MY SORE FOOT.

Very nice port, Went swimming with the Dolphins, loved it. Second day we took advice from fellow cruisers to take cab to a hotel called THE ROSE. They let us in but there was not much room to lay on the beach. We found a place to spread our towels on the sand, but was constantly bothered by vendors. My husband stayed by the bar which was very nice. A lot of people and very crowded. I'm such due to the holidays.The Rose would be a nice place to stay if you flew in. It was a beautiful beach.
Port
Horrible port. Bad beach, not many excursions, don't know about the little town. What a waste, wish we would of stayed longer in Puerto Vallarta. :(
Read 48 La Paz Reviews
Big city, wish they would of stayed over night. My daughter and friend went horse back riding by the beach and enjoyed it. My husband and I went Whale Watching, got a few good pictures. It was fun
Published 01/11/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Splendor Review
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?