Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Springergirl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Springergirl
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: Springergirl
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8D

Carnival Splendor Cruise to Mexican Riviera12/24/11-1/1/12
The Carnival Cruise on the Splendor Mexican Riviera was just fair. I was glad I was on a scooter so my group didn't have to wait in the long line to board. The line was at least 30 to 45 mins of waiting.

The ship stopped at Cabo San Lucas than to Puerto Vallarta than back to Cabo with a final stop in La Paz. LA PAZ is NOT A GOOD PORT to stop at. There are very few excursions available and if you do it on your own your choice is a bus to the beach or to town. We went to the beach and there were no available chairs or lounges to sit or lay down on, If you want something to drink you have to walk aways to get it. There are just a few vendors selling shirts, dresses and jewelry etc right after you get off the ship.That port is not prepared for a big ship with over 3500 passengers and IT'S UGLY!!!!!!. They should just stay 2 days in Cabo and 2 days in Puerto Vallarta. They are both lovely ports with a lot to do.

The food on the ship is not as good as it use to be. Their fancy deserts are nasty. You put them on your plate and only can stand a taste. The choices of desert in the fancy dining room is poor too. The melting chocolate cake is good but very rich. I ended up getting a dish of chocolate ice cream most nights. All the employees on the ship work hard to keep the ship clean and everyone happy. The room attendants and dining room waiters and helpers are excellent. That will be my last time to cruise during the holidays, too pricey and too many out of controlled kids, running up and down the cabin halls and on the Lido deck at all hours. I do think that using cruise compete.com saved me a lot of money. When I book again I will surely use them. Jason Coleman, the travel agent who was low bid on my cruise was very helpful.

Just a helpful hint, if you need to take a wheel chair or scooter on board, book early so you can pick a handicapped room. I hadn't planned on taking my scooter, but I burnt my already bad foot and really was glad I had it in the airports. Don't be afraid to use a scooter or motorized chair at the airport, they make it very easy for you and you can ride it right up to the plane. Being on the scooter I was able to skip the long line to board the ship. Once in the small balcony room we only had room to keep it on the balcony. So I didn't use it during the cruise,( too much work to get it in and out) and you can't use it if you need to take a tender to the port from the ship. Instead I used a cane and limited my walking and rested often.

Publication Date: 01/11/12