Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by kalinicole: Time Of My Life

Time Of My Life

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

There was four of us going on this cruise. My mother and her mother (my grandmother) were in one cabin. My boyfriend and I stayed in another cabin.

Embarkation- We were on the ship within 20mins. of getting in line!!

Cabins- Together we occupied cabins R11 and R19. R11 is a porthole in the fwd. starboard part of the ship. R19 is a interior "sideways" room in the fwd. starboard part of the ship. Our cabins were GREAT. The sideways room had a lot more room to walk around in the room. This factor alone made the room seem MUCH bigger. BEWARE: If the two beds are placed together in the sideways room then I think the room would seem MUCH SMALLER.

Room Steward- What an amazing "team" of people!! Our rooms were clean and fresh. I loved coming in every night and having my bed sheets turned down. My pillows were fluffed, there was an amazing towel animal every night, and the beds are AMAZINGLY soft! We brought two of our own pillows just because I like my own and every More night the steward would place our pillows on the bed.

Food- The Lido was really good at times. The grill has extremely good hamburgers and the Wok is always a treat. I know I was on a News Year cruise but a lot of the food I thought was going to be on this cruise wasn't. The bacon mac-n- cheese was never on the menu in the main dinning room, nor the bitter and blanc, or cappuccino pie. However, we did have other foods such as chilled champagne soup (which was excellent). The 24-hour pizza was good and I NEVER went hungry. Room service was always quick and was good for a late night snack when I didn't feel like going to get pizza. We order breakfast to our room on port days which was a great idea. We were able to eat and get dressed. We were usually the 1st people off of the boat on port days so that we didn't need to spend the hottest part of the day on land. During the hottest part of the day we would come back to the boat and relax near the pool. We had plenty of time to shop and enjoy the beach.

TV- Not a lot of channels but who goes on a cruise to watch TV? We enjoyed looking at the channel with the Lido camera. This allowed us to know how crowded the Lido was before we went searching for chairs.

Rough Seas- Our 2nd to last night we had rough seas. I wasn't sea sick until this night. When you see the ship you can see how far up the porthole is from the bottom of the ship. This night the waves were covering the porthole window (the made a gurgling sound that made my stomach roll). I NEVER felt the ship movement until this night.

Comedy Show- HOW FREAKIN FUNNY!!! I had such a good time! WARNING- Don't go to the Children shows and the adult shows. These shows are the exact same jokes with cuss words and sex added for the adult show. I still cannot figure out why they have not moved the shows in the Universal Lounge. The Forum Lounge is to small for such a large crowd. Every show people had to sit in the floor and stand. It's time to move the shows to a bigger spot!!

The Shows- AMAZING! The lead singers were excellent and was very professional.There was nothing amateur about them.

Debarkation- Went VERY smooth! We were off the ship and on the hotel shuttle within 15mins. of leaving the room. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Interior Riviera R11

Amazing! The room seems much bigger then a regular room when beds are apart. If bed are put together into a queen then the room will seem much smaller!

Freeport- A lot of people do not like Freeport but I loved it. Most of the reviews I have read advise to stay on the boat but I'm so glad we didn't. We went to the free beach which a lot of people don't like do to the rocks. However, the rocks is one of the reasons I loved this beach. The rocks gave my mother and I somewhere to sit and sunbath without our entire body being in the water. There's a small bar as you walk onto the beach. The prices are a little steep but the drinks are really strong. There is also a hair braiding station and a place to rent boats/ ride a banana boat. Though we we're asked if we wanted to buy things, I NEVER felt like I was obligated to buy anything. After simply saying "No Thank You" the locals would smile and go to the next people. No one ever come up to me and touched my hair or got into my personal space. The taxi service "Curry Express" was amazing. They give you and option to go to Junkanoo beach in Freeport which is a private, quiet beach without shopping; however, they are willing to come get you at anytime to take you to another place for a flat fee. We decided to go to Our Lucaya because we didn't have a way of calling the taxis service multiple times. The shopping at Lucaya was GREAT. The smaller shops are easy to "deal" with. My grandmother picked up a hoodie and the women told her it was 30 dollars. My grandmother put the hoodie back down and the local asked what she was willing to pay. When my grandmother told her 5 dollars the women let her have it for that price. A 5 DOLLAR HOODIE!! I got 3 bracelets for 10 dollars and a bunch of other great thing cheap.
Read 781 Freeport Reviews

I actually enjoyed Freeport more. I found that the locals here were more aggressive then the locals of Freeport. We went to Senior Frogs which had great food and drinks and when we came out we were rushed by three locals trying to sell us bracelets. At first they told us they were free. Nothing in this world is free! They insisted on putting the bracelets on our wrist and got into our space. It made me feel extremely uncomfortable. The free beach here is a lot less rocky. The beach is a GOOD walk from the boat. If I had to guess a distance from the boat to the beach I would say at least a mile and a half (maybe 2miles) one way. GET A TAXI! The beach is crowded and becomes more crowded as the day progresses. There is a small bar on this beach with good prices; however, the don't have refrigeration so the water and drinks are warm. The shops are more like stores so there is less "dealing" with the owners. If you are looking for locals to "deal" with then go to the straw market.
Read 2665 Nassau Reviews