Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by petefam: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

petefam
Member Since 2005

Family & Children 4.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2005
Embarkation: New Orleans

Traveled with 2 children ages 6 and 9 along with my parents who are in their 50s. Spent the night in New Orleans which was quite an adventure. This would have been a great place for my husband and I but, it was not really a place for kids. Had a nice dinner and went home early to prepare for the cruise.

We were able to get to the dock around 12:15..Waited in lines for about 20 minutes and then again to get our pictures taken. Got on the cruise nice and early and explored the Conquest which is huge. Their were lots of kids due to school vacation which was fine with us. Went to dinner and met our outstanding waiter Dickson and his assistant Miguel. They were the best and were so good to our children. They even cut their steak several nights. On several occasions during dinner an annoying photographer tried to take our photo thanks to these boards we always told the photographers we were not interested...both at dinner and as we were leaving the ship for the ports. This saved More lots of time!!!! The food in the dining room was ok...the buffet dinner was not very good the night we went. Carnival is not well known for the quality of the food and this proved to be true on our cruise but we still managed to have our best trip ever.

The kids loved the children's programs and especially the director Hannah! The entertainment was good although I thought the shows were just ok. I wish they had more family entertainment in the evenings but, we kept busy and had fun!

Jamaica---Jamaica is beautiful place. We decided to follow the suggestions of the members and go to Sunset Beach which was great. We did make a big mistake and left in the afternoon and went to Margaritaville. We did not feel very safe in the area of Margaritaville and only stayed for about 20 minutes and went back to the boat. I would recommend going to Sunset and staying for the day. It is a great value and the beach is very nice.

Grand Cayman---It is absolutely beautiful. We shopped for an hour so at the beautiful stores and fell in love with the island. We then took a taxi to 7 mile beach and went to one of the stands with the large RED BULL tent and rented chairs. My husband and sun went on the jet-skis and rented snorkel equipment. It was a perfect place and I would go back there in a minute.

Cozumel---Is also very nice...did shopping at the ports and ate lunch at Poncho's Backyard which is one of the few places that filter water. No one got sick and we enjoyed Cozumel very much.

We were a bit worried because our flight was leaving at 11:55 a.m. and we needed to leave the ship very early in the morning. We went to the show hall in the morning...one tip if you are trying to get out early is to sit on the left side of the stage if you are looking at the stage. Your line will be much shorter! We were off the ship by 9:30 and sent to search for our luggage which went much faster than we thought. It is a bit overwhelming to see how much luggage is all over the place but people seemed to find their things quickly. We got on our shuttle and were at the airport around 10:00. Everything went perfectly and I can't wait to plan our next trip. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>