Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Mandy Donald: The Magnificent Epic

0 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The Magnificent Epic

Sail Date: December 2011

We sailed on the Epic for The Christmas Holiday Break. We were slightly worried as to how a ship of this size would cope with the number of passengers aboard.
There was no reason for concern. Embarkation was quick and efficient despite
a fellow traveller tripping over a cable and disabling the computer. We still got through the process within an easy 20 minutes.
The ship is clean and full of things to do.The staff bend over backwards to ensure it all is to your complete satisfaction.Nothing is too much trouble.
The spa suite 14006 was not one I would book again. There was a very noisy fan on 24 hours in the cabin. Maintenance told me this was the cooling system but it was very noisy and not in other cabins. I wondered if this was because of all the pools and salon being within feet of this cabin. The other drawback was right above is the arcade. Adults enter here at their own risk. The teens congregate. The arcade is out of this world but open 24 hours so at 3.am. it More is easy to be woken by noise. I mentioned this the following morning and I thought there was not much response but I was wrong. There was a letter, plus three follow up calls and security prowled the arcade at night. I was never woken by noise again.This sums up the attitude of the staff. They were in control of every situation. The ship had many children and babies and teens and every one was superbly catered for.
Two other things I should mention. The spa is out of this world. Treatments are excellent HOWEVER ladies after filling in your form detailing personal things, at the end of the treatment the therapist will say something like " So I see you sometimes have trouble sleeping, I will give you something for that" Believe me they do not GIVE you anything. You will be charged for the many products so unless you want it just firmly decline and walk away. One friend ended up with $500 on her bill with products she thought were given then charged.A Bit embarrassing to decline at that stage.
The only other moan is the photographs. You will be pursued relentlessly to have photos taken. That is fine til you try and collect them. To say they are disorganised and rude must be the understatement of the year Do yourself a favour and do not fall for paying $ 14.85 for a small photograph when you can take better ones yourself.The lady serving in this department was beyond rude and my son was on a different cruise and encountered the exact same problem.They are so intense at taking as many photos as possible then the after service is truly bad.

Those two things aside this cruise was a truly dream holiday. We loved it from beginning to end and were very sad when it was time to leave.Disembarkation was just as quick and efficient. We simply walked off within minutes, porter and cases were there, then headed straight to wait for the car. Truly superb. Everything about this ship was wonderful. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Family Balcony Stateroom Deck 13 14006

Cabin 14006 was very noisy and very cold. It was hard to adjust the temperature as it was either too cold or too warm. Also noise from arcade above

fantastic day out. Boat ride was hilarious with live entertainment
Read 1069 Reviews