Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by camyj

Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Charleston
Cabin Category: 1A
Cabin Number: U95
See More About: Carnival Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Enjoyed The Cruise - Think There Is Better
I had a nice time on the Carnival Fantasy. This being my first cruise, I didn't know what to expect. I embarked and disembarked in Charleston, SC. Other than actually finding the port the processes were smooth.

On the ship the staff was polite and some even friendly with one exception. I was in the dining room with family. A photographer came to take our picture. I wanted to take a silly, humorous picture. I guess the photographer didn't think it was a good idea since he stormed away from the table in a huff. I felt this was extremely rude. There was a lot to do on the ship. Shopping, casino, clubs, shows, lounging. There weren't any famous acts but I did enjoy the Carnival performers especially the Beatles show.

Now I can't really say the same about the food. The food was okay to below average overall. I can recite the things I liked, the St. Louis barbecue ribs in the dining hall, the pizza, the melting chocolate cake, the chicken fingers. I loved the chicken fingers!

The ship itself was pretty nice I could tell it was an older ship, it was most pronounced when the Disney Dream pulled up to port next to us in Nassau. However the ship was well maintained and the housing staff for my room was excellent. I also liked my server in the Celebration Dining hall, Mardana, he was awesome.

The staff and crew were very prompt about things. If it was scheduled to start at a certain time, it started at a certain time. The ship rocked during the whole trip on the seas. So much so, to send me (and everyone else) staggering around. This added to my entertainment, watching folk stagger as I am sure I added to theirs. My sister who joined me on this cruise was sea-sick the first couple of days until she got some medication.

In all I loved this as a first cruise. I had a great time. I enjoyed the Fantasy and the staff. I am definitely going to do another cruise. As much as I liked Carnival the food my send me to another cruise line.

Publication Date: 01/07/12